• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Kinda No Start Condition (Broke Down 4 months)

• Owner

Gauge scale impacts its accuracy. 

You would not want to use a 100 PSI gauge to test fuel pressure and compare to a in-dash gauge that is 30 PSI gauge. Even using a gasoline fuel pressure tester Typically a wide scale gauge typically has a wider amount of error on the bottom end say for our truck in the 0 to 20 PSI realm. 

• 7 months later...
On 6/12/2019 at 9:30 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Should of been 2 cycle oil. DieselKleen doesn't have any lubricant.

I'm not sure what you mean, this is what I use.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/power-service-diesel-kleen--cetane-boost-32-oz

It says SlickDiesel Lubricator on the bottle, is that not a lubricate?

spacer.png

I ran some diesel 13, 14 years ago and never noticed any diferences. They did not have whatever that slick diesel lubricator is back then, IIRC. It does have cetane booster in it which will dry the fuel out. Seems a bit contradictory to me. 2 stroke, while not the only lube out there, is very good and available every where Diesel Klean is. It is a staple around here for most of us.

• Like 1

I've been using 5-20% biodiesel it seems more and more stores sell it around here without adding anything and if I find a station where it's not marked and no one knows what it is I'll add the two cycle. 

Thinking about buying some stanadyne to add when it gets really cold. At least stanadyne makes injection pumps hopefuly they know what they're doing.

• Like 2

• Owner
On 1/16/2020 at 1:11 PM, livewire said:

It says SlickDiesel Lubricator on the bottle, is that not a lubricate?

No. If you take a 1 ounce sample and leave it expose to the air the oil should be left after everything evaporates. Power Service will turn into a thick tarry mess. This is no a lubricant if the oil is not there after evaporation. Mostly what you see is cetane booster that reduced the BTU's. 

2 Cycle oil stay 2 cycle oil forever.  2 Cycle is a natural cetane reducer, it is a true burnable a lubricate. 

• Like 1