• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck wheel question.

From what I can find, only fords 1997 and down will work. I do remember something about ford going metric after 1998. Pretty sure I have swapped wheels on my ford so I know the 1997 and down thing is true.Ah, found some exacts: "2006 and older dodges are 8x6.5 inches, 1997 and older fords are 8x6.5 inches, 1999 and newer fords are 8x170mm"Ford didn't even make a 3/4 or 1 ton in 1998. Well they did make a 3/4 but it was a 7 lug beefed up f150.

From what I can find, only fords 1997 and down will work. I do remember something about ford going metric after 1998. Pretty sure I have swapped wheels on my ford so I know the 1997 and down thing is true. Ah, found some exacts: "2006 and older dodges are 8x6.5 inches, 1997 and older fords are 8x6.5 inches, 1999 and newer fords are 8x170mm" Ford didn't even make a 3/4 or 1 ton in 1998. Well they did make a 3/4 but it was a 7 lug beefed up f150.

Ok. Thanks alot. Guess I wont be getting them then. Cause they came off an 05 3/4 ton. Thanks again.

That 170mm means the diameter is 4.9mm wider on the newer fords. So if you held a ford wheel up to a dodge wheel and were to compare, you would only be seeing a 2.45mm offset from each lugnut if you centered them both. So "eyeing it" wouldn't work.

i currently run hummer h2 wheels on my 02 dodge with 35s the offset is better and allows me to turn my wheel all the way with out hitting the trailing arms which was impossible with the stock rims. only modification was the center hole had to be opened up slightly to clear the axle. cant answer to ford wheels though.

That 170mm means the diameter is 4.9mm wider on the newer fords. So if you held a ford wheel up to a dodge wheel and were to compare, you would only be seeing a 2.45mm offset from each lugnut if you centered them both. So "eyeing it" wouldn't work.

In either case he told me that they are showing signs of stress and if I hear any noises it may be from them. so at some point I need to find some wheels.

• Staff

From what I can find, only fords 1997 and down will work. I do remember something about ford going metric after 1998. Pretty sure I have swapped wheels on my ford so I know the 1997 and down thing is true. Ah, found some exacts: "2006 and older dodges are 8x6.5 inches, 1997 and older fords are 8x6.5 inches, 1999 and newer fords are 8x170mm" Ford didn't even make a 3/4 or 1 ton in 1998. Well they did make a 3/4 but it was a 7 lug beefed up f150.

The Dodge wheels are still the same pattern thru 2010+.. I have 08 OEM Dodge Rims on my 05. GM uses the same bolt pattern (heck same rear axle) as Dodge, but the hub holes are different on some models.

i have an extra 8 lug chrysler rim that i picked up from a friend. i used it a spare on the front and it rubbed off the corner of the caliper. my humvee rims are 8 lug and fit dodge chevy ford if you can take 6.5+ backspacing.dodge bolt pattern is 8x165.1 and stud size 9/16-RH.the new fords(98+) is 8x170 and 14x1.5 and i think the bigger fords(450sand 550s) us 8x200mm