• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Injectors + new codes + zero throttle

13 hours ago, dripley said:

Do I have to stand on my head and look in a mirror to tune with it? That might be a drawback.

Very well.  I'll have to use my Rube Goldberg skills and build a little box for my phone with a mirror to watch it, which will also enhance the audio of my phone.  Makes the whole business a bit more of an adventure.

I'll call it the Quadzilla university decoder box.  Perhaps I'll paint it black.

Edited by leety
  • Haha 1

Just now, dripley said:

Go get em Rube. 

I won 2nd place in HS with a fantastical bar-of-soap washing machine for those times when you drop the soap on the floor.  It was based on an old Swedish pendulum clock kit for kids I had from when I was younger.  Fun times!!!

They're all conversions.  No factory crew cab was ever made.  It's also not Mike's.  He's got an extended cab long bed.  But those conversions are out there.  Matter of fact there's a guy in Texas who found a crew cab long bed conversion and he just finished a sport front end swap and dually conversion.  Looks fantastic.

1 minute ago, Cowboy Doc said:

Sorry for sticking my nose in to this interesting thread, but Whoa ! what is that truck in the picture.  A conversion ?

A true four door Gen 2?  That's not Mopar1973Man's, is it?  I keep checking the photo to believe what I think I am seeing.  

It's not converted it's a 2001 true four door Gen 2.  It's my truck.  That's a Bigfoot camper on it.  Coming in at 1800# full.  I've had the truck since Nov 2017, still learning and sorting things out.  All the info on it is listed in my garage.

4 minutes ago, trreed said:

They're all conversions.  No factory crew cab was ever made.  It's also not Mike's.  He's got an extended cab long bed.  But those conversions are out there.  Matter of fact there's a guy in Texas who found a crew cab long bed conversion and he just finished a sport front end swap and dually conversion.  Looks fantastic.

Sorry for the newb question but what is the difference between an extended cab and a crew cab?

There's a small back seat in my truck and suicide back doors that latch from the inside.

If it was converted I wouldn't' know as I haven't had it very long.  But when I looked up the vin the bones of it seemed stock.

8 minutes ago, leety said:

It's not converted it's a 2001 true four door Gen 2.  It's my truck.  That's a Bigfoot camper on it.  Coming in at 1800# full.  I've had the truck since Nov 2017, still learning and sorting things out.  All the info on it is listed in my garage.

Look at the picture you quoted Mike about phone pedastal. That truck has 4 doors with exterior handles, full size doors. Thats the one they are talking.

Edited by dripley
  • Thanks 1

Extended cab is a cab and a half, which is very popular because it was the largest cab you could get with a second gen.  This is a crew cab with four full size doors:2122325771_ScreenShot2018-09-23at7_48_16PM.png.12751298a8fcd39ffa3d23327c641c55.png

These are all conversions, usually using Chevy rear doors that have been reworked to match the Dodge body.  There were three or so conversion outfits out there doing this.  Some are done really well.  Others are... well you get what you pay for.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, trreed said:

Extended cab is a cab and a half, which is very popular because it was the largest cab you could get with a second gen.  This is a crew cab with four full size doors:2122325771_ScreenShot2018-09-23at7_48_16PM.png.12751298a8fcd39ffa3d23327c641c55.png

These are all conversions, usually using Chevy rear doors that have been reworked to match the Dodge body.  There were three or so conversion outfits out there doing this.  Some are done really well.  Others are... well you get what you pay for.

Right.  And I would presume they start with a long bed EC to end up with the CC SB, b/c who wants to go through the infinite hassles of extending your frame and drive line, etc.?  Still, it looks good.  I can see the Chevy lines once you pointed them out.  I sold my '03 CC SB Laramie automatic in late July to buy the very clean '02 EC SB H.O., since it seemed much less expensive than buying a used '03 H.O., and an interesting project, to boot.  All to tow a 24 ft stock trailer.  But the first thing I missed is the extra back seat storage and room.  But, I'll get over it.