• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Reusing stock injectors

I pulled mine out at 250k and dont think there was anything wrong with them. They probably lost some efficiency over the years but the mileage remained the same. But like @trreed says there is no way to say unless you want to spend the money and time to have them tested. I would say put them in and see what happens as long as there were no problems to begin with. My stockers were laggy too. Had to roll into the throttle  to make them better. Kind of the same thing I have with the 50's I have now. 

• Owner
37 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

My old stock injectors have 128k on them. Any idea on how long they will last?

They are done. 100k you're basically already lost most of your pop pressure. Like my stocker injectors are 150k miles and down to 240 bar when DAP tested them. They are basically junk now or good core bodies. My current injectors are closing in on 100k miles now and I'm planning on having my old stock bodies set up with 7 x 0.0085 at 315bar again. Then hang on my use injectors as spares. 

• Owner
10 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

If I do anything for tuning it will likely be an XZT

Only good for stock injectors. 

This why I still suggest the Quadzilla Adrenaline over the XZT because then you not bound to small or stock injectors and then deal with the lag issues. Basically, build a tune for performance and a daily tune with a mellow fuel curve for smoke control. Basically in a nutshell XZT is just an Edge EZ. Again design its tuning around stock injectors. No timing control, no fuel control no fuel to boost control. 

You could buy a Quadzilla XZT and a set of RV275 injectors.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Dont think stock injectors are not laggy. My truck new was laggy all stock. Your gearing will help though. The Banks tuner and RV's was the best I have had mine. Not as much power as the Comp but clean burning, the lag was bettter, and temps were better controlled.

The RV's were good by themselves after the tuner fried. Much better that the stock ones. I cant imagine going back to stock.