• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New rockers, updated style

Long story short, truck hasn't been ran in 3 months. Changed head gasket before It was started, took it on a test run and about 1/2 mi from home #6 intake rocker plastic retainer had enough.

I'm guessing it broke, then pushrods shoved it up pushing the bridge off the valves. When the rod came up it also pushed the rocker far enough over to lodge it into the bolt which didn't allow it to rock anymore. 

Got home and found a few others where cracked/brittle so I ordered new ones. Turns out cummins has a newer updated style, ordered them on Saturday. I'll let y'all know how then are when they get here. 

Pics of #6, and stock photo of the new style. Part no. is 4995602

IMG_7638.JPG

IMG_7639.JPG

IMG_7642.PNG

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

What.... and this whole time I thought it was all metal, great..... Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even pay attention to mine, maybe because they were in one piece and I didn't realize there was plastic involved. I'm loving this more and more.

Same, I never paid any mind to it. I looked more into the faces of the wearable areas when it was all apart. 

Well boys and girls the new rockers came in, ordered them knowing I might be getting an off brand but took the gamble and it paid off. Managed to get genuine cummins, but sadly from India. 

They were cheapest I could find the part number, they are from M&D distributors, free shipping too.

now I get to battle a bad injector issue. 

IMG_7648.JPG

IMG_7649.JPG

IMG_7650.JPG

IMG_7651.JPG

• Like 1

Good afternoon,

I just wanted to reach out and say thank you for purchasing our product!  I was also hoping to boost your confidence - all of our Cummins parts are purchased directly from Cummins, so they are definitely  genuine despite being manufactured in India!  Please rest assured that you have a true Cummins part!

For Mopar1973Man, here's a link to part number's webpage if you are interested: https://www.mddistributorsstore.com/item/cum4995602/cummins-rocker-lever-assy-intake-and-exhaust-cummins-5.9l-6.7l/1.html

Please feel free to give our Parts Department a shout if you ever have any trouble with your diesel engine: email at ecominfo@mddistributors.com  OR  toll free call at (800) 658-9333.

Best Regards,

Tyler Simons

ECommerce Project Manager

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1