• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Posted (edited)

I was out unloading a trailer full of firewood   the other day and a micro burst of heavy wind came up, and I heard a snap from above somewhere, I didnt even have time to look and see where it was and just took off running I was literally 10’ ft from where the tree fell, it all happened in a matter of seconds, The RV has some extensive structural damage on the roof, worse than the pics reveal, looks like some bent or broke frame members and three tree limbs punctured through the roof. Broken window and siding, thankfully I got full coverage so we will see how it pans out, I don’t know how the fix is going to be but either way this was a spotless clean RV for a 2004 model. I know RV roof repairs can be complicated and labor intensive but one thing for sure is I am not going to buy off on a patch job.

As for the rest of the property damage, I was going to replace that old shed anyway and cut the trees down but looks like I will be doing it sooner rather than later. maybe with the help of the insurance co, All in all I get to deal with the claims adjusters this week 

48220225-94CD-410C-8F6C-843B4608A7E9.jpeg

1925E8A6-F5FC-423A-BE82-536F823F9384.jpeg

09FBF4A3-72F5-4A95-A8A5-BEDD57484C52.jpeg

3B8FE6D3-6CB8-4AE2-9D74-6A7F7CB45DC9.jpeg

FA6FE1F1-6E40-49CE-98F9-DA0249859189.jpeg

Edited by 01cummins4ever

Thats too bad, I'm glad you got out of the way. :thumb1: The insurance  may total the RV, but if their offer is good enough you can buy it back and get it repaired... be money ahead sometimes.

That happened to us back in the early 90's here in Idaho. We moved into the house and had a freak heavy winter and snap went a tree while MoparMom was sweeping the deck off. She was backpedaling to get around the other side of the house. The tree clipped the roof and land on the deck busting it all up and pulling the main power line off the house. Since then we've logged out around the house removing all trees that could be hazardous if they broke or fell. 

Trees are nice to shade the RV and areas of the property but that freak microburst, windstorm, or winter storm can change the dynamic of a healthy looking tree very quickly.

Sorry to see that kind of damage done... At least you do have full coverage and hopefully, the RV just gets replaced.