• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Trouble Starting Engine - HELP

I don't think blue chip is what it used to be, seems more people been having issues with their pumps. I'm not saying pump is bad but from reading random reviews about blue chip, it's not what it used to be. Best reviews I've seen were from industrial injection so far. 

Hope you figure it out. 

• Like 1

• Staff
On 10/10/2018 at 3:02 PM, dripley said:

What kind of fuel pressure are seeing with gauge you have? Airtex is not one of better pumps.

Driply big chicken talking about Airtex........ It's really a POS.

when talking about keeping the VP healthy you need fuel pressure to always stay above 14 p.s.i. That is so important because the airtex cannot hold that pressure hauling heavy or even regular acceleration.

The only time I experienced excessive battery draw down or excessive load was from a bad starter motor. Put so much load on the batteries it would use everything they had in one try with the starter.

BTW. Both my trucks have injection pumps from Industrial injection. I like that company. 

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

No 3 months out of warranty.

Blue chip diesel. Technician told Doug Rocco it was full of rust. I am guessing that is what the blob is at the end of the ribbon wire.

yes it was started some since Jan 2017 when it went down. It would never stay running. Must have picked up some bad fuel????

No

i don’t even know where it is sold down here.

been checking things. I may try and take the top loose like the picture, and remove the wired attachment on the side and see if I can flush/clean some of the stuff out.

Would like it to run long enough in order to get the engine heated up so any potential buyer knows it does run.

• 3 months later...

1 NEW INTANK UNIT

1 NEW 1/2" AIRDOG DRAWSTRAW KIT

1 NEW ORIGINAL AIRDOG 150

1 NEW AIRDOG LOW PRESSURE LIGHT KIT

1 NEW THOROUGHBRED DIESEL INJECTION PUMP

TRUCK IS RUNNING WELL!!

Edited by RAD

Low pressure light kit comes on at what psi? If 5?  That is to low.  And I think to mount need 1/2 behind for connection.  Not good imo.  But maybe new stuff is better compared to my old model.  Just something to consider.