• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Banks discrepancy

Was trying to find idle RPM stuff and somehow got to banks, never been there so clicked around and came across statistics. So I went to this page; http://www.bankspower.com/products/show/138/31 At the bottom of that page: Maximum speed, hill-climb, towing (measured on a 7% grade) 47 mph (2nd gear) Test Vehicle: 1995 pickup with 5-speed manual trans So I did some figuring and I gave them the benefit of the doubt and put on stock 4x4 tires which I think are the 265/75/16. Even then, they would be doing 5371.8 RPM at that 47mph in 2nd. Even worse, 47MPH is 2951RPM in 3rd! Redline on 12v is 3000, with most of them being lower because of hard defueling. All of this was with a load of 10,800lbs. Which leads me to believe I can't trust any of their data at all. Funny when they mislead you on something you can calculate to be absolutely wrong :moon:

• Owner

As for the Pac Brake and Jacobs... I can shed just a little light there... The Jacobs brake is just a butterfly plate with a hole in the plate. As for the Pac Brake they have a butterfly plate with a spring loaded plug in it. So if the drive pressure is excessive the plug opens and allows control of the drive pressure but when the RPM's are lower the plug closes and hold more drive pressure.

Posted Image

• Staff

As for the Pac Brake and Jacobs... I can shed just a little light there... The Jacobs brake is just a butterfly plate with a hole in the plate. As for the Pac Brake they have a butterfly plate with a spring loaded plug in it. So if the drive pressure is excessive the plug opens and allows control of the drive pressure but when the RPM's are lower the plug closes and hold more drive pressure.

Posted Image

Correct, but the maximum pressure is supposed the same regardless of the brake; that is a number set by Cummins. Its in the 60-65 range. My brake peaks at 63psi, from about 2500+ rpms. So in order to obtain more braking you must be exceeding the stock value, its all you can do to increase it on an exhaust brake.

The PXRB will provide more lower rpm braking, but peak should be the same on all of them, unless someone is creating too much or too little pressure.

Banks has avoided this question on CF.

The Banks brake also looks identical to the Jake, from the pump to the plumbing, to the brake itself, thou they claim its not.

Banks has avoided this question on CF.

I emailed them at sunrise and still nothing. I am going to call them right now because I want to hear what they have to spew :evilgrin:

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Called, got transfered, left message to "right person" told him his site is jacked, told him call me back lol. I'm gonna get to the bottom of these ate up results.