• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Which truck would you choose?

Sycostang67

Bored at work, here goes.  A young man I watch on youtube is having a giveaway, winner has there choice between 2 trucks.  I entered because it's fun to play and the merch he sells is of good quality so I have no regrets regardless of the outcome.  

#1.  1991 W250, standard cab long box.  Just replaced the motor and added an OEM intercooler setup, 5spd, other wise stock mechanically.  Body is in great shape, paint as well, no rust.  He updated the springs and added a leveling kit and the usual 20" wheels and MT tires.  The OEM wheels will be supplied if the winner so chooses.  Interior is pretty good, no tears or cracks but does need a few misc. bits, has PW, PL.

#2.  2018 3500 Laramie longhorn megacab.  It has 6k miles, 6.7 cummins, auto, looks like it's leveled with some Hostile wheels.  It appears to have dang near every option available.

This would be a tough choice for me.  I would love to have a new truck as I have never had a new vehicle of any kind before, but having to pay taxes on it worries me and I'm not sure what I would do with my 01.  The 1st gen would be nice as a toy and I love having a manual transmission.  

What would you guys choose if you had the choice?

w250.JPG

3500.JPG

Guest 04Mach1

My vote is the 1st gen just for the reliability factor alone if you plan to keep it in your stable. 4th gen if you plan to sell.

The 4th gen will be a wallet draining shop queen until the engine is illegally modified by deleting DPF, EGR, and SCR and even then if your lucky you may get 120,000 - 150,000 miles out of it before more major expensive repairs are needed like the common rail fuel system.

As a mechanic I am a fan of the 4th gen. As an owner I am a fan of 1st and 2nd gens.