• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No Bus question

I have been getting an intermittent no bus message since July or so. It had went away until my hunting trip last week. When it happens I of course lose all my gauges, but I can pick them up on my ScanGage2 through the OBD port. It seemed to happen on rough road so out of curiousity I tapped, or more like punched :mad: the cluster and everything came back up. This happened a few times. Since I can read speed, tach, etc. through the OBD port when the dash goes blank is it safe to assume that the problem is a loose cluster? Just trying to narrow it down before I start the long drawn out testing process.

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Yeah I'm going to bet loose cluster. I'm pretty sure there was a TSB for cluster related no bus issue too.

Any idea what the fix was? I'm gonna make sure the screws are tight but if it's a bad connection I don't know what to do.

Guest 04Mach1

A few years back I was getting the "no bus" issue on my 01. I had found a lot of bus issues were related to loose cluster in Chrysler vehicles so out of curiosity I pulled the cluster to inspect and found nothing out of the ordinary. I reinstalled the cluster and haven't had any bus issues since. All I can figure was a loose electrical connection to the cluster before removing it.