• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New ecm, no power at all

So i had a little,time to look at it some more. The wire that is melted is the power wire,to the lift pump. I checked all the wires made sure they werent chaffed or rubbed and grounding out . they seemed good. It just boggles my mind that this was all good before the ecm went bad. When i put a good relay in it seems like the pump struggles alittle and dosent sound like it did pre ecm faliure. Could the pump straining make the wire melt?

1 hour ago, Boondockboost said:

Theres a 25 amp fuse, nothing changed on the setup that worked 2 weeks ago until the ecm now new ecm and this lol. I'm at a loss for it 

The harness for my AD has only a 20 amp. I think the fass are the same. But if you have a relay harness for the pump the only thing the ECM pigtail provides is a trigger to close the relay and no power for the pump. The power for the pump should come from the battery, PDC, or any 12v source other than the ECM.

New ecm is from all computer resources. Well I figured it all out and the truck runs great. I think the lp is on its way out its starting to show its age and has fared well this far. But I thank everyone one for the help. Happy its going again and running good with the new ecm 

18 hours ago, Boondockboost said:

New ecm is from all computer resources. Well I figured it all out and the truck runs great. I think the lp is on its way out its starting to show its age and has fared well this far. But I thank everyone one for the help. Happy its going again and running good with the new ecm 

This new ECM from All computer resources was it still defective? Or was that resolved?

11 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

@Boondockboost Why Pepsi71 Ocean is asking is because he keeping the database of good rebuilder going. So your feedback will either place a rebuilder in the don't use list or thumbs up list.

I'm thinking I need to redo my table an order it from Positive, neutral and negative. and add in people from each category. Since this company on the list has 1 negative and one neutral now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pepsi71ocean said:

I'm thinking I need to redo my table an order it from Positive, neutral and negative. and add in people from each category. Since this company on the list has 1 negative and one neutral now.

It would be nice if more folks that have been thru this could add to your article. When mine went back in 2010 info was non existant. I never been so alone on an a vehicle problem in my life. The dealer and couple shops I spoke with were no help either. All they coild offer is we will read the codes and replace what was necessary. Unfortunately the ECM said everything was malfunctioning except itself. The 1st rebuilt I put spit out the failed ECM code.

So any of you that can help @pepsi71ocean expand his article, please  help him add to it. It maybe to late for you but not others. Havingmthis back in 2010 would have saved me a ton of headache not to mention cash.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dripley said:

It would be nice if more folks that have been thru this could add to your article. When mine went back in 2010 info was non existant. I never been so alone on an a vehicle problem in my life. The dealer and couple shops I spoke with were no help either. All they coild offer is we will read the codes and replace what was necessary. Unfortunately the ECM said everything was malfunctioning except itself. The 1st rebuilt I put spit out the failed ECM code.

So any of you that can help @pepsi71ocean expand his article, please  help him add to it. It maybe to late for you but not others. Havingmthis back in 2010 would have saved me a ton of headache not to mention cash.

I was dam lucky that I had a friend on Facebook who ran a shop that found that had a reliable re builder. So for me I was spared the nightmare. and Of course Mike and I talked about this article for over a year before I was able to search and compile a list of companies.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pepsi71ocean said:

I was dam lucky that I had a friend on Facebook who ran a shop that found that had a reliable re builder. So for me I was spared the nightmare. and Of course Mike and I talked about this article for over a year before I was able to search and compile a list of companies.

The biggest advice I got was to check grounds. Cant even remeber how many times I was told that and that alone. Of course at the time I had no idea just how important the grounds are. This was the first vehicle I had that I even knew about trouble codes and i was not even an electrical midget back then but more of a put your tongue on it and see if its hot electrician.

UPDATE! well finally got to take the truck on a test drive after ecm and little problems. 15 mins of driving the truck i got the same misfire and smoking i was feeling before ecm replacement. ( I know the previous ecm was bad, I sent it to SIA electronics to have it tested). Now I'm getting p1693,p1694,p0230 and p0216. So back at it again hopefully gunna find sone answers 

3 hours ago, Boondockboost said:

UPDATE! well finally got to take the truck on a test drive after ecm and little problems. 15 mins of driving the truck i got the same misfire and smoking i was feeling before ecm replacement. ( I know the previous ecm was bad, I sent it to SIA electronics to have it tested). Now I'm getting p1693,p1694,p0230 and p0216. So back at it again hopefully gunna find sone answers 

SIA? Can you expand on this?