• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New ecm, no power at all

Sure, SIA Electronics out of tildon,IL. You can send your ECM, they will test it and if repairable they will repair for 183$? I believe thr price was. And if its not repairable they send it back to you for shipping charge only. They also reman Mass Air Flow Sensors, Anti-Lock Brake Computers EBCM’S and anti-lock brake hydraulic units

http://siaelec.com

3 hours ago, Boondockboost said:

The only codes I had before ecm were po1694 and po1693

Did they buy a chance say what caused it, or do you think you might know what did it. Maybe faulty grounds, excessive AC noise from alternator?

On my spare ECM I had 1698 pointing to PCM, but I knew it wasn't a PCM because by swapping to my other ecm code went away. 

I'm just kind of curious what may have caused it to throw them codes.

22 hours ago, Boondockboost said:

Sure, SIA Electronics out of tildon,IL. You can send your ECM, they will test it and if repairable they will repair for 183$? I believe thr price was. And if its not repairable they send it back to you for shipping charge only. They also reman Mass Air Flow Sensors, Anti-Lock Brake Computers EBCM’S and anti-lock brake hydraulic units

http://siaelec.com

Can I ask where you found them from? I'm wondering what to make of them, reliability wise? @Mopar1973Man

13 hours ago, Boondockboost said:

I sent it to SIA for testing in hopes they can fix it, when they couldnt fix it they sent it back. So then I purchesed a new ecm from ACR in Florida and sent my old one is as a core. The only codes I had before ecm were po1694 and po1693

Ah this make sense. I wonder what ACS would have said.

I found SIA from one of the other cummins boards, I just was looking aroubd reading can post and someone said they used them so i just called em up and gave it a shot. As far as the cause they saod what was wrong with the old,ecm I just forgot. But it believe it was from ac noise and a bad diode in the alternator

5 minutes ago, Boondockboost said:

I found SIA from one of the other cummins boards, I just was looking aroubd reading can post and someone said they used them so i just called em up and gave it a shot. As far as the cause they saod what was wrong with the old,ecm I just forgot. But it believe it was from ac noise and a bad diode in the alternator

Do you have a link to this other cummins forum or the thread you found? I'm looking into them as we speak.

10th post down I reas about them

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-powertrain/2251690-where-buy-send-ecm-repairs.html#/topics/2251690?page=1

So i had a friend come over to help me check out the truck and we found the seals in the raptor lift pump have started to leak and there was diesel fuel in the connector plug next to the pump. So weve found that that is why the pump was shorting and why we got the one code. So new pump coming soon and we will go from there 

On 12/18/2018 at 7:32 PM, Boondockboost said:

10th post down I reas about them

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-powertrain/2251690-where-buy-send-ecm-repairs.html#/topics/2251690?page=1

So i had a friend come over to help me check out the truck and we found the seals in the raptor lift pump have started to leak and there was diesel fuel in the connector plug next to the pump. So weve found that that is why the pump was shorting and why we got the one code. So new pump coming soon and we will go from there 

Thanks, I tracked down and messaged everyone on that thread. I'm hoping that I can get some replies. What concerns me is There's two guys there who also had issues with ACE on there. Just waiting for verification.

• 3 months later...