• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

vp44 diagnostic tool on ebay

I am thinking it is a fancy tool that tells you a few things that error codes will tell you. I see it as just a deprived code reader, as it doesn't look to have many features. Could be way off but thats how I see it :shrug:

• Owner

That cheater box feeds power to the Vp44 and toggle the high idle signal to the VP44... No error code reading... No diagnostics other to know the pump still works without the ECM and if so the ECM is cooked...

Posted Image

So the box supplies power on pins 6 & 7...

7. +12 Volts

6. GROUND

Then toggles fuel shut off on pin 5. (I'm going to assume 5V signal used)

Then high idle and normal idle selecterd on pin4. (I'm going to assume 5V signal used)

The datalink signals Pins 1 & 2 are not used...

Fuel Sync Signal isn't used either on pin 8...

So all the box does is allow you to start the truck toggle high idle and normal idle... Then be able to shut the engine down using the cutoff signal.

WOW!! You have these trucks figured OUT!!! Have you thought about getting into the ECM's on one of these and figuring them out and offering repair services?? Seem like that might be a lucrative business to get into, and there aren't many that can do it properly! Maybe make a kit with a longer harness you can relocate the ecm into the cab to keep it away from the heat which is what I hear kills them!

• Owner

WOW!! You have these trucks figured OUT!!! Have you thought about getting into the ECM's on one of these and figuring them out and offering repair services?? Seem like that might be a lucrative business to get into, and there aren't many that can do it properly! Maybe make a kit with a longer harness you can relocate the ecm into the cab to keep it away from the heat which is what I hear kills them!

Not really... Just done hell of a lot of reading on forums and web sites to learn this much... As for actually making this box I personally dont think it would cost much to make but I'm not sure if there is electronics involved too. As for relocation you could do that now just extend the wiring now and move it... But for the failure rate being so low I don't think its really needed...
  • Like 1

If I had one of those I could have saved myself 2k. It tells you weather your vp is fried or ecm is dead or if injectors or on the blink. Very good tool to have around. (ECM's very rarely go out) Famous last words.ECM Outlet - Best price, 5 year warranty. 1-248-565-8308 Really nice guyMy truck's ecm is very rare, p/n starts with 394Hey Michael By you putting my truck on you tube a guy called me with the very same exact problem as mine with the same ecm part number. Now whats the odds of that happening? So I guess I saved him a years worth of insomnia and bumps on the head from beating yourself up.

If I had one of those I could have saved myself 2k. It tells you weather your vp is fried or ecm is dead or if injectors or on the blink. Very good tool to have around. (ECM's very rarely go out) Famous last words. ECM Outlet - Best price, 5 year warranty. 1-248-565-8308 Really nice guy My truck's ecm is very rare, p/n starts with 394 Hey Michael By you putting my truck on you tube a guy called me with the very same exact problem as mine with the same ecm part number. Now whats the odds of that happening? So I guess I saved him a years worth of insomnia and bumps on the head from beating yourself up.

So JL, you have finally found the real problem, not the VP44 but the ECM?

If I had one of those I could have saved myself 2k. It tells you weather your vp is fried or ecm is dead or if injectors or on the blink. Very good tool to have around.

(ECM's very rarely go out) Famous last words.

ECM Outlet - Best price, 5 year warranty. 1-248-565-8308 Really nice guy

My truck's ecm is very rare, p/n starts with 394

Hey Michael

By you putting my truck on you tube a guy called me with the very same exact problem as mine with the same ecm part number. Now whats the odds of that happening? So I guess I saved him a years worth of insomnia and bumps on the head from beating yourself up.

3935964rx ecm, calb.uprate epa manl chr

[*]

3935965rx ecm,calb.uprate carb manl chr

[*]

3935966rx ecm calb.uprate epa manl chr

[*]

3935967rx ecm,calb.uprate carb manl chr

[*]

3937129rx ecm,calb.uprate epa manl chr

[*]

3937130rx ecm,calb.uprate carb mnl chr

[*]