• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ABS kicking in

• Owner
1 minute ago, Dieselfuture said:

Maybe I'll try to warranty one of these new Timken hubs. So much for buying made in usa stuff

I would most likely spend money on a Timken sorry... Just like I would most likely not spend money on Cummins parts either. Like everything I use has either been NAPA or RockAuto supplied parts. 

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I would most likely spend money on a Timken sorry... Just like I would most likely not spend money on Cummins parts either. Like everything I use has either been NAPA or RockAuto supplied parts. 

I'm a slow learner, just wanted to support made in USA stuff

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

My wheel hubs are Timken I hope they work!

23 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Maybe try bleeding your brakes again. Since you had the system opened up maybe there is still some are left in it that somehow is messing with a BS computer

I’ll do that. Also I read something about dirt getting in the sensor holes and such? Wouldn’t be surprised if some landed in they’re. 

I’m beginning to wonder if ABS stands for Antagonizing Bull Sh$t instead of Antilock Braking System lol 

• Like 1

Just now, Mopar1973Man said:

Check the ABS speeds while driving then see if a sensors is dropping during braking. Like my case the right time ring would drop to 0 after slowing 30 MPH. Mine was not the sensor but the unit bearing is bad.

Ok il do that as well. Do you think debris on or in the sensor would cuase this? I sort of remember seeing dust in theyre but didnt think much about it. 

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Maybe. If there is metal stuck to magnet of the sensor it can foul the magnetic field to the tone ring. As a metal tooth passes it creates an AC pulse. But with grease loaded graphite in the tone ring can do the same problem. 

Ok plan of attack for this problem is to bleed brakes, remove and inspect front abs sensors, monitor ABS data... 

• Like 1