• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High idle kit triggering p0500

Hey guys havent posted in... Years. My high idle mod is tripping a p0500 code for speed sensor. Happens when I go to any setting, mpg 3 cyl, etc.

On a side not the green led has stopped working as well. Any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks.

P0500 is not related to anything the high idle switch touches.  My guess is there is another code that you are not seeing.  

put in a support ticket to support@mopar1973man.com with details and when you ordered it and we will get you setup.

17 hours ago, Rotket said:

Hey guys havent posted in... Years. My high idle mod is tripping a p0500 code for speed sensor. Happens when I go to any setting, mpg 3 cyl, etc.

On a side not the green led has stopped working as well. Any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks.

Is the code only present when you have it switched to any of the modes?

Yes, only when switching it on in any mode. The code clears when you turn the kit off, and then turn the truck off and on again.

I know its weird that its tripping the speed sensor, but thats what its doing, reliably. 

Thank you guys for the responses. 

2 hours ago, Rotket said:

Yes, only when switching it on in any mode. The code clears when you turn the kit off, and then turn the truck off and on again.

I know its weird that its tripping the speed sensor, but thats what its doing, reliably. 

Thank you guys for the responses. 

I would unhook the high idle kit, and use a voltage meter to check against the wiring to make sure you don't have a chaffed wire. if you do it would most likely be in the engine room My guess would be the IAT lead since it runs near the transmission harness.