• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

Hmmmm.... Lets see... AD 150 -> 150 Gallons Per Hour -> 35 Gallons / 150 GPH = 0.23 x 60 = 14 Minutes AD 100 -> 100 Gallons Per Hour -> 35 Gallons / 100 GPH = 0.35 x 60 = 21 Mintues Now the problem this is most returned back at the AD's return line. Only if you got fuel pressure above 14 PSI is it passing through the fuel heater and back out at the overflow valve and back to the tank. Something to think about. Scary part is I'm running a 2 micron filter on my AD 150 so cold plugging point comes even earlier for me...:eek: But the nice part is since I kept the stock filter housing it picks up the heat in the head and aids in heating the fuel even well after the heater has shut off. :smart:

Congrats on the upgrade! I have a FASS, but hear rave reviews for the AirDog.....

Well I would like to personally thank GOS Performance for providing me with a quality product. It took me a little over 3 hours to get it all installed to my specs that I wanted. I did some changes during my install to hopefully protect the pump and filter from damages this summer when I'm out cutting firewood. The when the box showed up from the "Brown Man" I was kind of shock to see how big the box was. I didn't relize that is came with all new fuel ine, fittings, electrical, etc. Right On! Instructions are really easy to understand. Once I got the pump all hooked up I was expecting this loud pump to buzz on the frame below. I turned the key and didn't hear nothing! UH OH! So I bumped the starter and listened. Wow! It really quiet running pump... Got it fire up (without priming!) and I was seeing 17-18 PSI Wow! This truck has never seen over 14-15 PSI in its life till now! Even stomped on the throttle I never got below 15 PSI. I know why too. I still got to put in the draw straw kit. I scarficed my old Vulcan Big Line Kit to make a pickup line temporary till I get back from my trip I got to make next week... I'm going to head out and grab my camera from the shop and post a few pics... Well here we are... Here is the old little carter Campaign pump (4090046) from Cummins... (Looking a bit sad and tried...) Then there is the installed AirDog 150... (Mount towards the transfer case to allow the skid plate to protect the filters for being hit.) With a solid 16.5 PSI shown on the gauge! I've seen up to 18 PSI now... Then the rest is in my write up on my BOMB listing now... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/personal/2002/airdog-150/airdog-150.htm

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• 5 months later...

For what its worth, I called and spoke with a tech rep. from Baldwin yesterday and inquired about cross reference Baldwin filters for the Fleet Guard filters that go on the Air Dog and FASS. The lady I spoke with told me that they had several request for these filters but they do not manufacture any. She went on to ask me what they were being used for because they were curious as to why because they had received so many requests. I explained to her what and why they were used for and she told me she would contact their production side management to request then look into adding these filters to their production line. Fleet Guard makes great filters but they are just getting too pricey for what you get in my opinion.

That's good news I should say if the Baldwin filters are going to be re-introduced but I very much doubt it coz in the first place, why did they stop manufacturing it? There might have been a reason, a demerit??

I am going to be putting a beefier filter on my fuel line between the tank and the lift pump. I am getting this from Vulcan. He is tapping the outlet for 1/8", so I can install a compound gauge, it will be under the truck, but I can mark the pressure when it is new, and I will know when it is plugging up. I ordered it with the 20 micron filters with the drain at the bottom. I will post my entire fuel system when I complete the install. Right now I just have the 1/2" inline filter, and I think it is plugging up. All the money spent, I should have just went with the Air Dog :lol:

post-10097-138698165382_thumb.jpg

That's good news I should say if the Baldwin filters are going to be re-introduced but I very much doubt it coz in the first place, why did they stop manufacturing it? There might have been a reason, a demerit??

I bought some Baldwin's a couple of months ago that fit inside of the OE canister? Even my air filter is a Baldwin? I got them at Fleetpride.

• 2 months later...

Is 17-18 psi what you would recommend for a mostly stock engine? I'm trying to decide between Airdog and FASS but have not seen a comparison. Any advise would be great

From what I can tell, the pumps are both very good. FASS might be 1 hair better.

17-18 is probably the absolute *perfect* fuel pressure :thumbup2:

Rule of thumb for most seems to be keeping it in the green.

Posted Image

• Like 1

• Staff

Is 17-18 psi what you would recommend for a mostly stock engine? I'm trying to decide between Airdog and FASS but have not seen a comparison. Any advise would be great

I personally recommend the FASS Platinum, it has 1 filter and better filtering than either 2 filter system.
  • Like 1