• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How the P7100 works

Just found this pdf which is very very detailed. http://transportation.centennialcollege.ca/oduffy/fuels/HD%20fuels%203/inline.pdf An interesting part is towards the bottom they talk about a PE7100. This is a P7100 that is computer controlled with dynamic timing. I can hardly find any info on this so it must have only been used on one application. I guess they used it on VMAC-I engines--Mack trucks.

• Like 3

Because the plunger fits so precisely in the barrel (approximate clearance is only 2 to 4 microns), there are no sealing rings to retain the injection pressure as the plunger pumps fuel they seal by the viscosity of the fuel only. Pumping plungers and barrels are lapped together to provide this seal. Never interchange a plunger from one barrel to another. Even the warmth caused by holding a plunger in your hand can cause it not to fit in its barrel.

thats amazing! talk about modern machining.

How sweet would a PE-7100 5.9 be with a stand alone computer!

As part of being a generator tech I had to take diesel classes. Well the book for class I have talks about the PE7100 more than anything, even most of the google searches on it just reference it in the book. I might have to take pics of all of it and put it on here. There are about 8 pages all about it with pictures and everything. Seems it was in the Mach trucks and that's all. I am going to do all I can to find more info, I would love to have a truck that starts in the winter and is able to advance timing as it warms up. They called the timing advance mechanism an "Econovance" in the book. The whole PE7100 seems to run off the ECM a little more than I want it to, but I really want to try it out.

--- Update to the previous post...

Mannn, they have been using that system since 1990! So I should be able to find those things cheap! Just google econovance and all the results pertain to it.