• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Front Crank Seal leaking/fix?

My front crank seal leaks like crazy. I'm looking to replace it again and this time use the Timken part to fix the wear spots in the crank, Does anyone have any good stories about this or any other way to keep it from leaking? Thanks!

There is also a product called the "Speedi Sleeve" which is made by the company 'SKF' that works great. It is thin enough that it doesn't interfere with the standard size seal and it is easy to install over the crank and it is replaceable. Google up SKF Speedi Sleeve and you will find out all you want to know and more. I have used them many times in the past and they work great. :thumb1:

Well I shouldn't have said anything I am getting a bit of oil there again, hopefully the replacement seal is bad... Going to have to take a peak at it today. Only been 3K miles since it was replaced :banghead:

If it aint, no biggie, you can pull them speedi sleeves off if you heat it up a little bit with a propane torch and grab the flange part of it with a pair of pliers and start twistin.

• Staff

If it aint, no biggie, you can pull them speedi sleeves off if you heat it up a little bit with a propane torch and grab the flange part of it with a pair of pliers and start twistin.

Yeah, just more of a pain than I should have to deal with in 3K miles.

• 2 weeks later...

A local guy, he does great work so I am sure its a defective seal

So...he guarantees parts and labor since he installed them? I've got a leak at my tranny tail shaft where the shop will have a do over. I'd rather not take the time for them to fix it but at least I'm not climbing around in the dirt to fix it.