• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Carter Campaign Lift Pump

• Owner

Carter Campaign Pump 4090046 Cummins Part Number $63.00 Dodge OEM Pump BSAAL6429X Mopar Part Number $209.00 Napa OEM Pump NFPP74213 Napa Part Number $179.99 Carter Fuel Pump (Generic) P4601HP $99.50 Carter Campaign Lift Pump This is a redesigned lift pump for the Cummins engines. From what I heard it was design for the Buses more than anything. But I found that the Campaign pump is exactly identical as the Dodge OEM pump that was supplied at manufacture. Just much cheaper in price! UPDATE - November 24, 2006 The campaign pump is doing fair with a stock engine configuration. My fuel pressure have slid a bit and now it idles at 13.5 PSI, Cruise at 12.5 PSI, and WOT 11.0 PSI. It's starting to get marginal. It might get even worse with the addition of the Edge COMP that is coming soon. Update - December 25, 2006 I have been notified by Cummins in Boise ID that the Campaign pump is no longer available. If you attempt to order 4090046 you find that the price jumped from $65 to $202. So it time to research the next new pump for replacement. Dodge OEM Lift Pump The OEM lift pump that Dodge use to supply for replacement is no longer. They now are converting over to a in-tank fuel pump. Basically the module has the pick up screen, fuel sender, and lift pump as a package. The problem is the pump is weaker in pressure compared to the old version and requires you to lift the bed of the truck to replace. In other words if you have a lift pump problem now your going to be stuck on the side of the road. Carter Fuel Pump - P4601HP I got one of these from Summit Racing. What I found out is the fuel pressure is much weaker. I got roughly 8 PSI at idle and 4-5 PSI at WOT. The other problem is the fuel fittings are 3/8" NPT. So it can not be used a replacement pump. The electrical connections are for ring terminals. So once again it will not work on the truck unless to change your plumbing and electrical connection. But why bother when the pressure is to low to use... Fuel System Pressures - UPDATE! I'm hearing a lot of people saying that it's OK to let it slide down below 10 PSI... Cummins set the pressure limit for a reason. This reason includes proper cooling and lubrication of the fuel system components under extreme loads (WOT). I highly suggest you stick the recommended pressure listing. You cannot have any fuel volume without pressure! Something has to PUSH it! http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/personal/2002/campaign-pump/campiagn-pump.htm

• 1 month later...

I am still miffed that Cummins does not still sell that campaign (ought to have been a RECALL) pump. I now have a holley blue back by the tank because of that. Won't pay $200 for a $60 dollar pump.

Recalls are only done on items that comprimise the safety of the vehicle or operator/passengers. The stock OEM lift pump and injector pump for that matter is a complete POS but definitly not something DC would ever recall.

• 4 months later...