• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The Quad is installed!

jag

Sorry, yes 1 log pl 3 & 1 pl 0

Will load numbers when I get home.

Right now the Quad is stuck in a loop. 43 of 43 & won't finish updating.

Edited by jag
More info

The first log is in pl 3 & the second is pl 0. I haven't tried above pl 3. This timing thing scares me.

Here is the tune.

Power Levels:11

Timing

Fuel Load Timing: 2

Low PSI Timing Reduct: 3

Timing Reduct Scaling: 100

Light Throttle Timing Adv: 1.0

Light Throttle Timing Load Limit: 30

Timing vs rpm

1500: 15      

2000:  18

2500:  22

3000: 24

Timing Max: 26

Wiretap

Pump Stretch: 1500

TPS Pump max: 100

TPS Pump Min: 20

Minimum Pump Tap Fueling Percentage: 0

Pump Low Boost Scale PSI: 5

Boost Scaling: 35

RPM Limit: 3700

Power Reduction: 100

0 PSI %: 70

1 PSI %: 71

2 PSI %: 72

3 PSI %: 73

4 PSI %: 74

5 PSI %: 75

6 PSI %: 76

7 PSI %: 77

8 PSI %: 78

9 PSI %: 79

10 PSI %: 80

11 PSI %: 82

12 PSI %: 84

13 PSI %: 86

14 PSI %: 88

15 PSI %: 90

16 PSI %: 93

18 PSI %: 96

20 PSI %: 99

22 PSI %: 103

24 PSI %: 107

26 PSI %: 111

28 PSI %: 115

30 PSI %: 120

First thing I will do is shut up & start to listen. You guys have years of knowledge with the Quad, I have none.

Mopar1973Man, I will take your advice on the timing & cruise timing & adjust accordingly. Are the rest of the settings within reason?

If my truck doesn't go above 26* timing, does the Quad extend it further? Like you mention above, I set timing at 26*, the Quad will push it to 27*? I know the Quad is working, because when I set it back to pl 0, there is a noticeable difference in power & the throttle position is back to half pedal & full bore on power. Going deep on the throttle is something else I have to use to.

For a gut busting, tear dropping laugh, go to youtube & type in Qball reads a kids rhyme. There is no harm meant, as he thinks it funny as well. 

• Like 1

Mopar1973Man, I took your advice & bumped the cruise timing up to 3 & moved all the max timing settings up by 1. It dropped the EGT's by 90 - 100* on my mechanical gauge  (70mph) & it seems to run more free. There is 1 thing that concerns me. When I jump on it coming out of the hole, the timing rattles like I have never heard before on this engine, enough to get out of it. Here is where I'm confused. To get rid of the overtime rattle on out of hole, do I turn down the max timing at 1500 rpm by 1 or turn down the light throttle timing advance by 1 or turn up the low psi timing reduction. I feel like a kid in a candy store, but don't want a belly ache in the end.

I took off all the padding on the firewall when I did the valve seals, so this is partially why I can hears things a lot better.    

• Like 1

• Owner
17 hours ago, jag said:

When I jump on it coming out of the hole, the timing rattles like I have never heard before on this engine, enough to get out of it. Here is where I'm confused. To get rid of the overtime rattle on out of hole, do I turn down the max timing at 1500 rpm by 1 or turn down the light throttle timing advance by 1 or turn up the low psi timing reduction. I feel like a kid in a candy store, but don't want a belly ache in the end.

Low PSI Timing Reduct: 3

Change those two settings to...

Low PSI Timing Reduct: 5

That will toss a good amount of retard in launch from the hole. That will pull 5 degrees worth of retard for all 100% of throttle range while in low boost state then flip back to load based timing.

Once he gets the timing figured out then you can bump the fuel up more. 

Like I'm running... 17, 20, 23, 26, 27 for timing. But remember I'm high in the pop pressure so this give you a bench mark for how far I've went but you'll most likely be below me. 

Hey folks, I got the 2 logs above backwards. The 102.55 is stock & the 103.58 is the Quad. I probably created problems for myself with the rattling. Still got a lot of learning to do.

Mike, do you still run a IAT fooler?     

• Owner
1 hour ago, jag said:

Mike, do you still run a IAT fooler?

No. Being once the Quadzilla comes online past the warm-up mode all IAT signal is igonred at this point.

I'm trying to figure out a math to be use for the Quadzilla so we can bring back the IAT. Right now its a pain to constantly check IAT vs current timing and see if it need more retard and the IAT warms up. Then as the days cool off how much advance. Like starting back at about 20 to 30°F IAT it was +7° cruise timing. Now with 110 to 120°F IAT it is only +4° cruise timing. The base timing you can leave alone.

• Like 1