• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Alignment problems

Just get out the tape and set toe and go. Make the steering wheel centered to.

Theres only castor and toe adjustments and its super easy to do yourself. . Then chalk the tire tread drive straight on a paved rd and see if there's any abnormal weat pattern. 

Also chalk tires to set air pressure and get 100% of tread on the rd

Or close.

• 2 weeks later...

This is ridiculous.  If adding spacers on the tie rod tightens things up, there is your problem.  Find out what isn't fitting and why.  The vid looked like there was also slop in the connection to the pitman arm.  Do a proper fix not some rigged, untested piece of crap.  These are old trucks with old technology.  They need to be repaired and not hacked. 

"It looks like (whatever)" is not the same as "it's engineered, tested and improved".  Do you really want to take the increased chance of wrapping the truck around a tree or bouncing off another person or car for the price of new parts?  If so, please stay off the road.  I don't want to take the chance of you damaging my truck or person.

Edited by Junkman

Generally I completely agree about fixing something to the way it was intended from the factory but the problem I’ve found through research about this is that it was common to be a problem right from the get go due to the poor design. I also feel that dodge engineers couldn’t design a half decent suspension/steering system to save their lives. 

All of the the parts in my steering system are new and it still does this to a minor degree. The particular video posted above is a VERY severe example of what was going on with my truck and I’m sure to be that bad some parts are in fact worn out, improperly installed, or have some other factor contributing to the problem.