• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Brakes, power steering

Does this look like the right replacement line for plug and play?  Not sure how confident I am building my own line. I am looking for the line that runs the frame rail from the front of the truck to the rear diverter.  Sorry for the ignorance, I am beyond weak in this arena

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mop-04683310ab?seid=srese1&gclid=CjwKCAjwkenqBRBgEiwA-bZVtqUWKKY6a8f-bMd3L_akVd4VGoi9OMrS0CBqN0V4SaTZ9xIlO_XEbBoCTnsQAvD_BwE

Edited by portlandareae28

They sure don't give you much info. And the two pictures look like 2 different parts. I'm not sure about that flexible braided part in the middle either. I can't say mine has that or not. I guess I'm not really sure. 

Edit. If you click the check fit button and then choose Dodge this is for the Caravan mini vans.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mop-52009195/overview/year/2001/make/dodge/model/ram-3500

Summits website sucks. Hard to navigate and poor info. Best I can tell this is what you want, but no where does it say front to back, left, right or anything unless I'm missing it.

Edited by dave110

Rock auto does have line sets, looked at them the other day. Seems all there sets had the load adjuster under the bed figured in. Mine does not have one. I do know that mine does not have the flexible portion in it. I wish I could help but it is hard to tell from there picture if it is right for your application.

Edited by dripley

Well gentlemen I might be mistaken. I cant find it on RA either. I was looking at a LMC truck catalog this weekend also and maybe I got it mixed up. RA does have flexible nickle copper lines advertised under hydraulic lines. Heard good things about the procuct but no personal experience. My apologies for the mix up. 

5 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

For hard lines I got a mastercool 71475  flaring tool and some corrosion resistant lines in a roll in different sizes. If you get one make sure to shop around so it includes all the fittings.

Brake pipes are rarely sold premade here except newer cars.... flaring tool, coil of copper alloy line in the right size and maybe new ends if they are corroded. Practice several flares of the right type, here's where the copper alloy pipe is better as it forms better.

Once happy slip the correct end onto pipe and flare it make sure end of pipe is cut clean and all burrs are removed before flaring, once one end is flared zip tie it to the old "removed" line at the end and zip tie along it at any bends to assist in putting the bends in correctly by hand once bends are done... being careful not to kink pipe on tight bends cut off any excess pipe add fitting and flare, might have to bend to fit and then put back to shape once in place. I just did the one to right front brake which on a 98.5 goes all round the front.... just buy a good flare tool and a pipe cutter, remove the burr from the middle of the pipe if using a cutter and practice... the flares and check which flare you need the are 2 but the tool instructions ought to point this out.. 

That copper alloy tube is supposed to be for the double flares from what I have read about. But again i have not used any. The kit on RA is supposed flared wit fittings and ready to go, it just comes  coil up. But again I have seen the kit to know how good it is.

10 hours ago, dave110 said:

Just wanted to clarify so that somebody doesn't get the idea they can go to the hardware store and buy an $8 plumbing flare tool and use it on their vehicle. Could be a disaster.

Before I knew much... I needed different size fittings on Ranger on opposite ends, the only way I could figure it out was to get different sizes lines, then I cut each one in half and slid one in to other few inches, it was a tight fit. Then I used solder :shrug: worked for few years till we junked the truck. 

20 hours ago, dripley said:

That copper alloy tube is supposed to be for the double flares from what I have read about. But again i have not used any. The kit on RA is supposed flared wit fittings and ready to go, it just comes  coil up. But again I have seen the kit to know how good it is.

Here in the UK the copper alloy tube is just for corrosion and mainly sold to classic car or restorers or people like me that know better, if a garage, shop for you guys, did a brake line it would be steel as thats the cheapest, I wouldn't touch steel brake line with a pole and I have flaring tools that will do steel, garages don't use copper alloy as it's a one time repair and will never corrode, bit like taking one egg off of the chicken then shooting it, steel lines here might last 2 or 3 years and of course the manufacturers keep on making cars out of sugar so they don't last too long cos we're all supposed to buy eveready battery cars right ??

Here OP1 is convex flare, which puts a uniform bulge for want of a better word onto the pipe, which is DIN 1 and is required for some fittings, OP2 squashes the bulge onto itself to form a double wall flange and that is Double Din or concave flare