• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Uneducated second gen owner in need of help

41 minutes ago, 98whitelightnin said:

Are those pumps adjustable? Looks like you can turn up the pressure with and allen wrench. That drips is diesel but idk if those are push lock type fittings that can be cut off.

I’m not sure, I’ll lyk as soon as I can though.

42 minutes ago, 98whitelightnin said:

Looks like you can turn up the pressure with and allen wrench.

I can turn up the pressure by using an Allen wrench?

1 hour ago, Kane4sythe said:

I don’t have two filters 

You have raptor. Did not know those came in 4g.:doh: My AD 165 has a dual filter head.

If its just a drip it wont effect your pressure enogh to notice. You might put a small stainless steel hose clamp on it and see ifmthat helps it. I cant remeber whether those quick disconnects are are push lock or barbed or fixed like @98whitelightnin is saying. 

Can you get a picture of the fuel lines a few inches away from the pump on either side? 

Since you do not know your what uour  pressure is, I would not turn it up. You do have enough pressure to make the fittings leak. So there is pressure there.

Edited by dripley

2 minutes ago, dripley said:

Can you get a picture of the fuel lines a few inches away from the pump on either side? 

I will not be home to see my truck til Tuesday so I will send whatever pics are needed then.

3 minutes ago, dripley said:

Since you do not know your what uour  pressure is, I would not turn it up. You do have enough pressure to make the fittings leak. So there is pressure there.

So if my gauge is reading 0 psi, would you say that my gauge has most likely just stopped working? I have three gauges all mounted in the same bracket, the other two have good numbers so idk what’s going on with my pressure. I’m hoping just a loose wire or something along those lines

10 minutes ago, Kane4sythe said:

So if my gauge is reading 0 psi, would you say that my gauge has most likely just stopped working? I have three gauges all mounted in the same bracket, the other two have good numbers so idk what’s going on with my pressure. I’m hoping just a loose wire or something along those lines

Maybe the gauge or a wire as mentioned. A lot of that depends on whether you have a mechanical or electric gauge. Hard to say. A test gaige, some auto parts store loan them, would be you best bet for now and there is a test port on the VP. 

Edited by dripley

Can you hear the pump when you turn the key on but dont start the truck.  Itl run for a few seconds then shut off.

On closer look those might not be half inch lines

Those are 1/2" line.  I have the same pump but not 4g. There should be a plus or minus showing wich way to turn Allen bolt to raise or lower pressure.  I'll go look at mine and tell you. I dont see the plus or minus.

I think these pumps are set to be about 16psi . I turned mine up to 20.

Mines leaking yours looks pretty clean and new.  I'll have to look into the 4g pumps. It might be getting close to time to freshen mine up.

No one said I could post pictures. If I subscribed 

To me 33x12.5s look pretty good. 

20190624_213745.jpg

Edited by Evan

• Owner
On 6/24/2019 at 9:36 PM, Evan said:

No one said I could post pictures. If I subscribed 

Storage amount is listed on the subscription profile for each. Like Silver...

100 MB of file storage

On 6/24/2019 at 9:36 PM, Evan said:

I think these pumps are set to be about 16psi . I turned mine up to 20.

Mines leaking yours looks pretty clean and new.  I'll have to look into the 4g pumps. It might be getting close to time to freshen mine up.

Yeah there typically set for 17 PSI from the start. 3G pumps have a bearing and seal issue. the 4G pump is upgraded to double seals and better shaft bearing.