• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

3500 rear axle into 2500

6 hours ago, wil440 said:

Thanks....It's getting there.... a lot better now than when I got it....  I'm resisting more power like the plague... been on that slippery slope with Mopar stuff before... maybe just a little for towing purposes :whistle:

Just need a 98 V10 now, 4x4 of course then I got all I need

I just thought about the above

I will add 50's job rated, 40's dodge weapons carrier, Christine, any 60's Mopar C body, any  B body but I ain't got enough $ oh and 2 others that aren't Mopar..... 40's GMC 6x6  and a Harley WLA and I'm truelly done

Had a 96 V10. A lot of power and fun to drive.  But it and the petrol pumps had too close a relationship. She couldn't drive past them. Glad gas wasn't but a $1 a gallon back then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dripley said:

Had a 96 V10. A lot of power and fun to drive.  But it and the petrol pumps had too close a relationship. She couldn't drive past them. Glad gas wasn't but a $1 a gallon back then.

Not many V10s here, that just might have something to do with petrol at over £6 a gallon. Saw a nice 3500 4x4 on ebay a few months ago but if I'd have bought that i'd be trailer living by now 

• Like 1

Wil,

Keep looking.  The diesel 2500 rams with manual transmissions got the Dana 80,  which would be your single rear wheel 3500.  The automatics got the Dana 70u, which is still not a terrible differential.     It can be hard to tell visually the difference as the rear cover looks very similar.  Look for the number 80 cast into the housing.

Hag

image.png.ce99867ceb2f46e9440e3ebe21e00f04.png

image.png

• Like 3

On 7/22/2019 at 1:04 PM, Haggar said:

Wil,

Keep looking.  The diesel 2500 rams with manual transmissions got the Dana 80,  which would be your single rear wheel 3500.  The automatics got the Dana 70u, which is still not a terrible differential.     It can be hard to tell visually the difference as the rear cover looks very similar.  Look for the number 80 cast into the housing.

Hag

image.png.ce99867ceb2f46e9440e3ebe21e00f04.png

image.png

Thanks... measurements are useful just to know what I'm looking for but again I may as well be on the moon for some of this stuff, none of these trucks get wrecked here and if they do it's such a small amount that you never get the chance to buy anything, I've saw one wrecked on ebay for parts in maybe 10 years or more and it was petrol and prices were way high, $200 just for a door card.

I think I've decided to fix my dually, it's 5.9 petrol but that may work in it's favour here in the future as this country/EU has a real downer on with diesel and it's classed as the scourge of the planet and of course every living thing on the planet is going to die the instance a diesel is started ESPECIALLY a huge American diesel........ eerr no, my 2500 cummins is 80% lower emissions than allowed by the EU for the year of my truck and my 3500 petrol doesn't even register on the tester.

So now the hunt is on for front door repair panels that  the shipping to the UK is less than the sheet metal :broke:

Dana is international company you could probably get a cross reference number or what they used in UK.   Then go junk yard or used shopping locally.  Have to make sure other stuff bolts up though. Just thinking on my part.  

When I was in Germany, I thought about vp44's that were used more on auto's over there but not here.  Opal bigger market over there compared to US for example.