• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

cummins california spec

• Owner

According to my book they are all the same...

5.9L (360") 6-Cyl. Turbo Diesel 24-Valve & High Output EFI

AIH, TWC, CB, MIL, AIH-TS, CB-VC

AIH Air Intake Heaters

TWC Three-Way Catalytic Converter

CB Crankcase Breather

MIL Malfunction Indicator Light

AIH-TS AIH Temperature Sensor

CB-VC CB Vapor Canister

I do know for the 2002 there is over 44 different ECM produced for my truck so its really possible the software is the biggest issue!

• Staff

Assuming you have an early 04. Your Cali model is physically identical to the SO model, with the only difference between SO and HO being the style of piston cooler.I don't know about other programmers, but a Smarty or Smarty Jr will make your truck an HO, then add the tune on top of that. So on SW3 on a Jr you are really getting about 170+ hp (70 at the flywheel, and 100 at the ground).

The 04.5+ trucks are all 50 state legal. The '03 and early '04 trucks could have had Commyfornication specs from the factory. The regular '03 and early '04's were rated at 305HP and 555ft. lbs. The Kalifornia specs were 235HP and 460ft. lbs. I believe.

• Staff

The 04.5+ trucks are all 50 state legal. The '03 and early '04 trucks could have had Commyfornication specs from the factory. The regular '03 and early '04's were rated at 305HP and 555ft. lbs. The Kalifornia specs were 235HP and 460ft. lbs. I believe.

The 305/555 specs were HO, there was also a SO in 03-04 at 250/460.