• Announcements

• Me78569

High Idle Kit Sale   09/06/2017

Just in time for Father Winter, we are offering a %10 Discount for the first 10 High Idle switches sold until 10/1/2017.  Just use the coupon code HighIdle at checkout to get %10 off. Visit out store to see details on the High Idle Kit.       

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flatbed56

installing coolent

flatbed56    0
flatbed56

I flushed my coolant and let it run till clear, then let it drain. When i add coolant it so far only took 4.5 gal. I drove it around and checked when I got home and only added a quart. Did I do something wrong or do I have an air pocket...thanks

Mopar1973Man    3,779
Mopar1973Man

Most likely didn't drain out the block very well it can hold a extra 1.5 to 2 gallons of water if just sitting flat ground. When I drain mine out I either jack up the rear of the truck or back it up a steep bank.

AH64ID    649
AH64ID

Exactly as Mike said, the block holds a lot of coolant, over 2 gallons on mine. Because of this I would do 3-4 flushes before adding coolant. Add the concentrate first, and use enough for the half the full volume, then top it off with distilled water and you will be at 50:50.

flatbed56    0
flatbed56

Thanks for the input, and I believe you are right, so back to wal mart for some more Preston and will do it again.

Mopar1973Man    3,779
Mopar1973Man

Thanks for the input, and I believe you are right, so back to wal mart for some more Preston and will do it again.

If your in florida or some southern state I would most likely let it slide and just top off with straight coolant... But Idaho I know gets cold so yea its a good idea to re-do it... :rolleyes: