• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

$60,000 vs. $6,000

ISX

Last night I ended up watching some videos on youtube of the new 6.7 Scorpion powerstroke. Most if not all were acceleration videos showing how fast it is. My brother even came to me saying it would beat my truck after he rode in one. So I found a video that showed "when you are passing someone" going from 75-95, I went out and video taped my truck in the exact same conditions. We both were holding steady at 75 then floored it. I spent half an hour getting the videos synced perfectly since he did lag for a second after saying go, I wanted it to be fair so I synced them based on when the speedos started moving. I never care to race or anything, I just thought it would be a neat comparison vid. There are a lot of 0-? vids of the 6.7 and I am going to sync one of them to one of my old acceleration videos. I was trying to get it split screened but I think you can see it just as good this way. I am still trying to figure out the split screened way.

Finally got the 0-80mph one put together. Dang 5spd :ahhh: So from what I could see, it would be the same as always. They catch up every time I push in the clutch, and I pull away when I engage it. At least we both hit 80 at the same time :lol:

bodily harm is no reason not to give your all when showing the viewers a cool a-s video man.:drool:

I don't see any reason why he couldn't lean into the corners and overinflate the tires so they would be stiffer :shrug: You guys notice those 6.7's only run 20psi boost? The gauge on the very left of the 4 pods is the boost gauge and I think all it has is a 0 and a 4 and since it stays in the middle I think that equates to 20psi. Figured they would be running more by now with all the fancy turbos.

You guys notice those 6.7's only run 20psi boost? The gauge on the very left of the 4 pods is the boost gauge and I think all it has is a 0 and a 4 and since it stays in the middle I think that equates to 20psi. Figured they would be running more by now with all the fancy turbos.

i noticed the same thing. remember that pressure, by its self, rarely gives the whole picture. i would think that the piping and size of valves play a large part in the PSI

Mike, that sure is beautiful country but I wouldnt want to be up there at night with my crummy headlights.:pray:

I read about a mod you can do to fix that issue really easily. Hmm, better do it while it's dark. Give me a half hour.

--- Update to the previous post...

Alright nevermind. That mod is still in the "it works but not sure if its dangerous" stage lol. I will figure out how it works tomorrow and see if it really poses a hazard to anything or not.

• Like 1

Finally got the 0-80mph one put together. Dang 5spd :ahhh: So from what I could see, it would be the same as always. They catch up every time I push in the clutch, and I pull away when I engage it. At least we both hit 80 at the same time :lol:

Quite impressive, but it would have a hard time up against my Sprinter, when hell freezes over :lmao:

:lmao: NOT! Those wicked corners I'd never survive!!!

Come on Mike, don't be such a wuss put the hammer down :lmao2:

Now what are you going to do? :wow: You first with the freight shaker... :tongue::lmao: I need someone to show me how with a little more experience... :smart:

Now that Hell has frozen over that low torque V6 Sprinter has a chance against ISX :pray: After driving the V6 wanna be diesel today, then getting in my little I4 Jeep diesel, I can feel quite a difference in the low end torque that the inline puts out compared to the V. Some one should smack them Krouts for doing away with the inline diesel. And Mike, I will go down the hill first, but you have to follow me and I will have you attached with a chain :ahhh:

you may get to 80 at the same time, but at that point he would have a several lengths on you. My little brothers Duramax stops pulling on my 6spd at about 55mph, but he is 8 lengths ahead of me and I don't pass him until 85mph, but I pass him at 10-15mph. Its hard to beat an auto from a dead stop.

You mean with him still to the floor you can catch up to him on top end? That's incredible! All you hear is the V8's having all this top end yet in my 2 videos and your experience, we are catching up to them and leaving them behind on the top end. I just think that is hilarious :lmao: What year was this dmax? My old boss got a then new 2008 allison 6spd and we went from about 15-40mph and I was able to walk very slowly away from him. Ah yes, the days when I had money to blow on fuel. Just doing that 75-95 video I was thinking I was flying even at 75, tells you how long I have been driving under 60 :lmao: Flman, I would trade you for that benz! I bet I could get 30mpg out of it. You should see the line of cars behind me while I drive :lmao2:

• Owner

And Mike, I will go down the hill first, but you have to follow me and I will have you attached with a chain :ahhh:

:cry: No fair... :lmao2::lmao: Well at least there is good humor in the thread! I got admit though you look at where wew came from with the older 1st gen bodies that were light and didn't need a whole lot of HP/TQ to keep up with the fat boys. This is clearly evident with Taz with his 1992 Dodge (Stock injectors, HX35 turbo, VE pump turned up) when he was here in Riggins. He use to egg me on to try and pass and trust me I know I produce much more HP/TQ than he does bar none. But that old light bodied 1st Gen would flat scoot down the pavement... Never the less I can gain on him but never won a out right race... (Suckin Air and fuel pressure fell - Dropped the throttle at 98 MPH!) :banghead: "I could of had him!" :mad: