• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tool Talk...

JAG1

• Staff
7 hours ago, dripley said:

Man we have come a long way thru the years.

I think we have drug @JAG1's thread off topic. Sure is fun.

It's okay where else can you get away with it? :thumb1:..... people are just people. Hey you know whenever IBMobile notices a new Snap On in my toolbox, he says, "Mike go up the store and get me a coke, will ya". No he doesn't take stuff.... but he's coming to my place and we are going to put a new roof on his fifth wheel and then do my evaporator core heater core, charge up the AC again. Then we head south in the RVs for fishing, metal detecting and camping. Ain't that cool?

Edited by JAG1

15 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

It's okay where else can you get away with it? :thumb1:..... people are just people. Hey you know whenever IBMobile notices a new Snap On in my toolbox, he says, "Mike go up the store and get me a coke, will ya". No he doesn't take stuff.... but he's coming to my place and we are going to put a new roof on his fifth wheel and then do my evaporator core heater core, charge up the AC again. Then we head south in the RVs for fishing, metal detecting and camping. Ain't that cool?

Oh yeah!! Just another readon it's time to go home for me.

• Staff

I wondering if these heat senor tools are capable of detecting areas of a wire harness that have higher resistance. In other words show wires that need to be increased in size? Or is that for the more expensive units;

Another question is it an advantage to have a laser pin point type or IR type with a small screen?

Just for spite against IBMobile I'm going to Snap-on today. He'll just have to loan me money for fuel when we go camping.:lol:

Edited by JAG1

• Owner
18 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I wondering if these heat senor tools are capable of detecting areas of a wire harness that have higher resistance.

Better off using an ohm meter on DVM.

19 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Another question is it an advantage to have a laser pin point type or IR type with a small screen?

Laser is to show location. The measurement is all Infra-red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwGS4Yn5qLo (Just for fun...)

• Thanks 1