• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel sending unit

1 hour ago, pepsi71ocean said:

I wonder if the sending unit is in the tank correctly. Mine did that and I think it was the way the sending unit was sitting in the tank. I suspect it was cocked or something.

When I put my basket back it turned a little tightening the locking ring. I believe the float can hit the side of the tank if not turned parralell with the tank.

Edited by dripley

1 hour ago, pepsi71ocean said:

I wonder if the sending unit is in the tank correctly. Mine did that and I think it was the way the sending unit was sitting in the tank. I suspect it was cocked or something.

I'l have to check that out.  Of course, the only way to know if it worked is to drive around to see if I engine dies again long before I'm out of fuel.

14 minutes ago, dripley said:

When I put my basket back it turned a little tightening the locking ring. I believe the float can hit the side of the tank if not turned parralell with the tank.

The two times my truck has died, I was able to put in less than 30 gallons.  So, it's not that the fuel gauge isn't telling me I have fuel when I don't, it's that the truck sucks air when I go down hill with only 7 gallons in the tank!  Both times I was only a few hundred feet from the diesel pump to which I was heading.

12 minutes ago, LorenS said:

The two times my truck has died, I was able to put in less than 30 gallons.  So, it's not that the fuel gauge isn't telling me I have fuel when I don't, it's that the truck sucks air when I go down hill with only 7 gallons in the tank!  Both times I was only a few hundred feet from the diesel pump to which I was heading.

Yea, I bent my sending unit. Empty on E to me is 25 gallons, lmao 1/8th tank is about 23 haha. haven't had an issue since.

• Haha 1

• Staff
On 2/25/2020 at 3:45 PM, IBMobile said:

@RockAuto has listed themselves in the "Vender & Dealers section of this web site.  I doubt if they ever take the time to see how there company is perceived here since the last time they visited Mopar1973Man was June 26,2017.

For what it's worth, RockAuto  visited my profile on Thursday 2/27/2020 at 2:03 PM.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 3:05 AM, dripley said:

Sounds like your fuel pick up is too short. 

Not really. I bent the sending unit because I had someone return the truck to me on empty and I barely made it to the gas station up the road. I bent the sender and never looked back.

Back then empty line was about 31 gallons haha. 

18 hours ago, IBMobile said:

For what it's worth, RockAuto  visited my profile on Thursday 2/27/2020 at 2:03 PM.

:thumbup2: :stirthepot: most of time I view profiles by accident, I'm sure that wasn't the case. All though suspicious that they haven't visited for so long and all the sudden they did, must have notifications turned on or have another account.