• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel sending unit

Just acquired a nice bone stock 98 12v and having issues with the fuel gauge. Drove it 1700 miles home so ran a few tankfuls of fuel through it. Seems to be sending unit related as it does fine till 7/8 tank then dances for a while then holds steady from 3/4 through 3/8 tank then dances again. Can’t find the sending unit in stock anywhere. Are there any options? Retrofit another sending unit or fitment of a fuel tank from an early 24v? 
thanks

vin 3B7KF22D1WG106674

Edited by Samiam
Add vin

9 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Rock Auto has gotten some bad reports about customer service, haven't looked into it, but LMC trucks is very nice family owned Biz that lets you know they care. I would try LMC trucks. JMHO.

Guess I missed the CS issues with RA. I have not to deal with their CS dept. Just got a small order from them this week.

LMC Truck is another good company and I have dealth with them in the past. I dont always think of them for mechanical parts but carry some good things and are worth a look.

Edited by JAG1
  • Thanks 1

• Staff

You might be right they do sell a lot of the cosmetic parts for our trucks.

I hope you don't mind..... I corrected a few misspelled items in your post....I know you probably type in lightening speed . 

Edited by JAG1

Thanks. Guess I didn’t look very hard. That, the turn signal switch (ordered) and the drivers door window switch and this thing will be fully functional. Might try to sell it after looking at what guys are willing to spend on these things even though it is exactly what I wanted :) 

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

You might be right they do sell a lot of the cosmetic parts for our trucks.

I hope you don't mind..... I corrected a few misspelled items in your post....I know you probably type in lightening speed . 

Big fat chicken finger fingers, this tablet and no proof read leads to weird looking posts. You still missed one, dealt is not spelled dealth. I feel better already.

8 minutes ago, Samiam said:

Thanks. Guess I didn’t look very hard. That, the turn signal switch (ordered) and the drivers door window switch and this thing will be fully functional. Might try to sell it after looking at what guys are willing to spend on these things even though it is exactly what I wanted :) 

It did appear with a quick look that LMC did have some at comparable prices. Never hurts look.

54 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

NO, @dripley just hunts and pecks at the keyboard. 

6318256_9c1489c9-3133-4a98-99c2-234ce9b4b5dc1.jpg.e840f5256df630df8d61051781f2f9ea.jpg

This tablet keyboard only allows me to do that.

• Haha 1

• Staff

Hunt and peck club.....

4 hours ago, dave110 said:

I was wondering how you edit other posters posts...........

Try to keep to a minimum correcting spelling to help other readers.

Edited by JAG1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2020 at 7:54 AM, dripley said:

Guess I missed the CS issues with RA.

Rock Auto is the worst. They absolutely refuse to work with a person when dealing with FedEx. Somewhere in this world is a front brake disc that FedEx days was delivered to my dad's shop. FedEx says they have the proof of delivery, yet will not send to me - my dad said he never signed for it - and RA refuses to view the delivery confirmation online or contact FedEx to allow them to share with me. So, I'm out $70.

They also sell rear parking brake cables for 2002, 2500 trucks equipped with drum brakes. Unicorns. So, I'm out $11 there, too.

They sell brake discs out of one warehouse and pads from another; more lunacy that costs more in shipping.

They have good pricing but customer service is awful.

Edited by LorenS

• Staff

Im sorry this happened to you and glad I read about Rock Auto's bad customer service on another forum to be able to share too. Sometimes a small amount of information will help a lot of others. I suggest you change from just using the letters 'RA' to their full name Rock Auto so others doing a search can get the story too.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LorenS said:

They sell brake discs out of one warehouse and pads from another; more lunacy that costs more in shipping

That part I don't care for either, it seems that it's done on purpose so they can make extra few pennies on shipping. Used to be able to view which warehouse ABC etc, I used to shuffle things from one to the other to get better deal but now it's not an option,  or I just can't seem to figure it out. 

I'm done with Rock Auto. Front rotors listed for my truck were wrong. Rock Auto says the computer is right so I got charged a restocking fee. Ordered an abs module for my suburban. They actually sent me someone's core return. When I opened the box I thought maybe it just wasn't cleaned up after rebuild, but it showed no signs of being rebuilt. I installed it and it was bad just like the one I removed. They didn't believe me. Said it sounded to them like I installed the new part and was trying to get it free. Couple hundred bucks down the drain. Never again.

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, LorenS said:

@RockAuto needs to see this, in my opinion. Maybe they'll work to improve.

All depends who sees this, but hoping they will do best they can as I like to get things from their site. I'm running out of room for magnets. If they keep going this direction like all other big corporations then I'm sure we can figure out where to get parts else where. I'm guessing overall they may have good intentions and it all depends on who you get to deal with, like anywhere else. 

I'm sure they have people trying to scam them also by returning something used or broken by customers and rest of us are paying the price. 

If you got all your proof, hoping they will make it right. Be foolish for them not to. Small chunk on change for them over much more in long run. Jmo

• Staff

@RockAuto spends a lot of money on there advertisements to garner customers from other venders.  You would think they would budget a little more on employee training and supervision to improve customer satisfaction and retention.  The poor service reported in this thread could cost them in lost sales later on if not addressed.  

@RockAuto has listed themselves in the "Vender & Dealers section of this web site.  I doubt if they ever take the time to see how there company is perceived here since the last time they visited Mopar1973Man was June 26,2017.

Edited by IBMobile
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IBMobile said:

@RockAuto has listed themselves in the "Vender & Dealers section of this web site.  I doubt if they ever take the time to see how there company is perceived here since the last time they visited Mopar1973Man was June 26,2017.

I had a conversation with them back then on the about deliveries. I was a bit uncomplimentery but folloedmwith I chose the economy shipping and really was not complaining . Even there economy shipping was pretty good. They were a bit more involved back then and used to send us the 5% discount code. That stopped back then too.

They have only sent me one wrong part over the years and I let it sit in a box for several months before installing on the wifes. By then it was to late to send back and I did find the right for almost the same price. Most all that I buy from them is near 50% less than I can get it local so I guess l will stick with them until they burn me. But the CS sounds pretty bad when that happens.

• Like 1

I've ordered a lot from Rock Auto only had one problem, they sent me wrong pad for a vehicle, the box had the right part number but pads were wrong, I called them and they sent out another set. Other than that my parts have always been right.

Edited by Blueox01