• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I'm trying to install my airdog 150 and I just discovered that I have an in-tank lift pump so I don't know how to make the wiring connections. Can anybody help me?

taking a stab. on the side of the block where the normal lift pump would be. look for a pig tail. it probably has something plugged into it running back to the tank.(guess based on, they wouldn't change the harness to retrofit that pump.) my ad150 came with the drawstraw1. so you should be able to bypass it all.

I've got the draw straw too and was planning on putting it in anyway so that part is good. I'll run out and see if I can find a wiring connection. My truck has an aluminum block on the engine where the lift pump would be so I just assumed that it was the pump.

• Owner

Thanks GuessWho wonderful and simple video showing how to resolve the minor issue! Suggestion to both though... Don't mount your AirDog leads to the battery this is where all the acid is and it ruins wiring quickly... Here is my setup... Positive connect off the stud for the alternator fuse but on the batter lead side (red). post-2-138698169166_thumb.jpg Ground hook up. Yes thats plastic but the bolt pass into the steel so far no problems. post-2-138698169159_thumb.jpg AirDog Relay and fuse together... If you look close it shares the ground screw... :lmao2:post-2-138698169172_thumb.jpg

Thanks GuessWho wonderful and simple video showing how to resolve the minor issue! Suggestion to both though... Don't mount your AirDog leads to the battery this is where all the acid is and it ruins wiring quickly... Here is my setup... Positive connect off the stud for the alternator fuse but on the batter lead side (red). [ATTACH=CONFIG]1689[/ATTACH] Ground hook up. Yes thats plastic but the bolt pass into the steel so far no problems. [ATTACH=CONFIG]1688[/ATTACH] AirDog Relay and fuse together... If you look close it shares the ground screw... :lmao2: [ATTACH=CONFIG]1690[/ATTACH]

One thing I learned from rewiring mine, you see how you all have a million wires under the terminals and you gotta hook them up individually? Well the way I fixed that was just got a terminal (http://www.asklug.com/terminal-lugs-2.html) and then you fill it with solder, make sure it's all still molten and stick alllll those wires in there. Now you have just one terminal to hook up. Use a kinda big terminal and when you want to add/remove wires, just heat it back up. Now you dont have the mess Mike has lol. I bet VW is out smoking up the streets right now :lmao: "Yep, it works!" lol :thumbup2:

Thanks GuessWho wonderful and simple video showing how to resolve the minor issue!

no problem. i just happened to have the hood popped and no kids that afternoon!

Suggestion to both though... Don't mount your AirDog leads to the battery this is where all the acid is and it ruins wiring quickly... installed following Pureflow's instructions

Here is my setup... Positive connect off the stud for the alternator fuse but on the batter lead side (red). i like that idea

Ground hook up. Yes thats plastic but the bolt pass into the steel so far no problems. have you used a voltmeter to make sure that is a good ground?

AirDog Relay and fuse together... If you look close it shares the ground screw... :lmao2:i had mounted my relay, but the metal clip broke off!

• Owner

Suggestion to both though... Don't mount your AirDog leads to the battery this is where all the acid is and it ruins wiring quickly...

installed following Pureflow's instructions

You might go back to the instruction and check but there is a suggestion of hooking up to the alternator for keeping the connections from attacked from acid I just modified it some in location.

Here is my setup... Positive connect off the stud for the alternator fuse but on the batter lead side (red).

i like that idea

Like I said just modified a bit...

Ground hook up. Yes thats plastic but the bolt pass into the steel so far no problems.

have you used a voltmeter to make sure that is a good ground?

Yeap and so far so good... :thumbup2:

AirDog Relay and fuse together... If you look close it shares the ground screw... :lmao2:

i had mounted my relay, but the metal clip broke off!

You might consider replacement of the relay to get it to mount again... The cheap relays I use for my fog lamp tend to last oh about 1-2 year and then are rusted solid because of the fact the always flipped terminal side up and start capture moisture... Hence the problem...:rolleyes: