• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see you are lurking about reading the forums and article databases. We happen to be one of the most friendliest Cummins support website on the planet. Come on and register and grab a inexpensive subscription plan. With that you can unlock even more for you. Technical support either by public forum, private support ticket, and even unlock phone support by Mopar1973Man. Mopar1973Man.Com will remain FREE to read forever!

2 hours ago, mechrisme said:

I got some DFI 7x.010 injectors from a friend for $350, maybe 50 miles on them and gonna work on my gauges this week also. 

May want to check pop pressure before you put them in, I personally would not put them in unless they are around 320 bar, in guessing they are around 300 now. Be ok but smokey.

1 hour ago, mechrisme said:

You think the injector will wear out that quick with 50 miles on them?

No, but most injectors that size are popped lower for more flow. Just saying if it was me I'd want them to be in that 320-325 range. 

Have you checked for boost leaks

On what level did you see 1400 degrees?

we just towed our 14k Lb 5er up a 10 mile grade that ranged from 4-6%... on level 3 with 75hp injectors and about 25psi out of my hx40 hybrid... the max I saw EGT was 1100-1150.

i feel like I could have gotten into some wiretap for more power up the hill but she maintained 50 mph at the steepest part of the hill so I suppose that’s enough.

• Administrator

I typically run level 3 unless more power is needed. Anything with wire tap I could push through the 1,200 barrier pretty easy. Even towing a trailer on level 3 does extremely well.