• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Larger fuel line w/FASS 165GH

Looking for some advice, about to pull the trigger on the purchase of a FASS 165 lift pump. Currently the trucks fuel system is completely stock with the stock lift pump being in the engine bay still.

Do I need 1/2" fuel hose or does the kit come with it? I keep seeing "big line" kits on @dieselautopower website and want to make a single purchase and not regret having a better supply/return system.

I've read that other members are using their stock fuel filter in conjunction w/FASS lift pump system, is this correct as any added protection I want to take advantage of? Would I require a "Big Line" kit if I went this route vs. just using whatever FASS sends in the box and bypassing all the stock system.

I plan to upgrade injectors later when I go with a bigger turbo and want to ensure the supporting system is ready for those upgrades. I plan to buy the VP44 stealth cover and quad with the purchase of the FASS lift pump. Anything else I should grab while my wallet is open?

The kit comes with 1/2” push loc hose so your covered.
People do run the feed to the factory fuel filter just for another filter in the system, and to keep the WIF light on the dash. going that route I would order a big line kit because they are ment for the space between the filter and VP, no sense in having 1/2” line going all the way up then just step it down. But the fass kit does come ready to install all the way to the VP if you don’t want to use the filter. 

Edited by Towrigdually

26 minutes ago, Towrigdually said:

The kit comes with 1/2” push loc hose so your covered.
People do run the feed to the factory fuel filter just for another filter in the system, and to keep the WIF light on the dash. going that route I would order a big line kit because they are ment for the space between the filter and VP, no sense in having 1/2” line going all the way up then just step it down. But the fass kit does come ready to install all the way to the VP if you don’t want to use the filter. 

Awesome thank you for the information, I have not decided if I want to utilize the stock filter or not still. 

1 minute ago, dripley said:

:iagree:Are manual or auto?

I have an Auto good sir.

2 minutes ago, dripley said:

I am not the auto expert around for sure but if it is a stock tranny you will want to look into beefing it handle any extra power you want to throw at it. How much depends on how much power you have in mind.

That's my plan just want to put all the supporting mods in place first before I start adding power. I got a quad on the way as well so I can start monitoring everything and all the supporting sensors. I have to become more confident in this rig before turning up anything as it's been a headache thus far, currently replacing majority of the prone to leak seals (tappet, crank case, vacuum pump, etc.) figured I take care of the fuel stuff since it's easy to get to right now!

Received your order.  

TD08165G has 1/2" lines and good fittings all the way up to the VP44.  You also ordered 

1/2" PUSH LOCK FUEL PRESSURE TEE

SKU: VLC-PLT8 so you will have fuel pressure access port

not sure if 

VP44 STEALTH PUMP COVER KIT - 1998-2002 DODGE 24-VALVE

SKU: BDD-1050201 is needed as the adrenaline has a positap.  you can do it either way.

Lots of options for trans upgrades.  triple billet converter for under$900 and valve body would do a lot to hold extra power.  or a billet single  good for up to 550HP for under $500 https://www.dieselautopower.com/stage-2-single-disk-torque-converter-billet-cover-for-47rh-47re-rated-up-to-850lbft-550hp

2 hours ago, dieselautopower said:

Received your order.  

TD08165G has 1/2" lines and good fittings all the way up to the VP44.  You also ordered 

1/2" PUSH LOCK FUEL PRESSURE TEE

SKU: VLC-PLT8 so you will have fuel pressure access port

Thanks I submitted this inquiry before contacting DAP but I'm glad I was able to get all my questions answered, top notch service!

Edited by jtrakel
  • Like 1

me personally i"m running 1/2" from the tank to the FASS, then 3/8's from FASS to VP and Fass to tank(return), I have a fass 95 and i have a FASS 150 spring in it.  I dont have any issues with my smarty and 100's. But YMMV.

• Owner

Always though it was foolish for running a 165 GPH pump on 3/8 hose. Adding a high volume pump with low volume plumbing. 

Return system is left alone. 

Supply system should be as open as possible for pressure stability. I'm also running an AirDog 4G 165 GPH pump with 1/2 inch lines and it is fairly solid in pressure hanging at 15 to 17 PSI