• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Heater Core

• Staff

Ahh ok, I misunderstood. I thought you were back at working on your steering box yet again. That's why I asked. 

On a side note, after reading about all the various issues resulting from oversized tires it really bolsters my feeling against lift my truck and running large tires. I'm all for that, I've had a few lifted myself but this one.....no, I'm going for longevity.

• Owner

Yeah... I've destroyed my 1972 Dodge Power Wagon from lifting and oversized tires. 

Even since I figured it all out now. I get plenty of chances of driving other peoples truck most all of them with lifts and oversized tires have issues with lane centering and darting issues just like this 2005. Hence the owner brought to my shop because he's burned up two steering box in a very short time I found out. 

Like my 2006 Dodge is on 18 wheels (275/70 R18 - 33 inch tires) even this truck has a 2 inch leveling kit too, and this truck doesn't hold center good, darty and lack lane centering the last time I drove the truck. I'm going to ditch those 18 inch wheels find some stock 17 inch wheel and pull the leveling kit out as well. I plan on making that 2006 into my service truck and tow rig. If I get a job where I might travel to say @JAG1 place with the RV towed to his place and then have all the tools on the truck I could do about anything then. 

Heater core is done.  About 2 hours for me and my son to get it installed.  It'll be nice to have defrosters again.  A couple of days ago on my way to work I turned on the defrosters and the windshield got worse than what it was without the defrosters, then yesterday on my way home from work I noticed the antifreeze dripping from my floor vent. :doh:  I knew then there was no mistake, I had a bad heatercore.  When I pulled the old one out it looked like it might of had a pin hole at the top (lots of white build-up) and some green build up around the bottom but it didn't look too bad compared to some of the ones I seen on YT that others pulled out.