• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Asus Laptop needs repair

• Owner

I'm looking for a shop or some that could look into getting my Asus laptop repaired. I don't want shop that are going to try plugging in new power pack and tell me the motherboard is fried. Then give up. This laptop failed back in November and does not  charge with either charger pack I've got. It will not turn on at all. I'm now hunting for a shop  that can fix this and not pass me down the line. It's Asus laptop and does not boor or turn on.

• 1 month later...
  • Owner

Nothing.... 

OEM power pack does nothing, order a second power pack still nothing. No charge light. No bootup, no turning on. Like no power at all. I'm going to try and see if Asus will repair it. I'call a high school buddy that does Computer Repair in Las Vegas, He won't touch it. Most of the little computer places around me don't want to touch it either. It died back in January when I was busy tending to @MoparMom before she passed on. 

Now I've been really wanting to get it fixed but can't find anyone to fix it. After M73M.Com buying this I really can't just toss it out after barely a year and buy another. 

There is only so much I can do on a cell phone. Since my master computer here at home has all my work stuff still only means I can work at home. If I travel I'm limited in what can do. Make thing more fun I've been fight with my left hand being I've got nerve damage to my middle finger and ring finger at the tips. Numbness. Cellphone makes it worse. Much easier to push the mouse no as nerve racking (no kidding). Even better I'm left handed.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• 2 months later...

I love board level repair, unfortunately, you are HIGHLY unlikely to find a shop that is willing to actually work on it. My mother worked in radio shop in Debutts Yard for Norfolk Southern for 22 years, retired about 2 years ago. She made sure I was capable of fixing a circuit board. Father was the one designing the boards that she fixed.

Out of curiosity, what model of Asus is it?

Surely you have some small screwdrivers and torx stuff lying around. Unplug/remove batt, pop the case open and look for burnt chips or loose connections. If that's not your style, I'd be willing to have a look and see if it is something simple, have to ship it. Even if it is something like a board, you can find them online.

I have my 4th monitor (I ran 2 pairs of matched monitors on my desktop) in pieces sitting at the house in Chattanooga waiting on me to replace the surface mount caps(they can go bad too apparently).

My little laptop that I use currently had bad subwoofers, assuming you can call something that is 10mm x 25mm a subwoofer. I didn't want to pay $50 so I sourced some more of that size, popped the boxes open, a few tiny dabs of super glue and $3 including shipping later, I had non crackling speakers. And it is one of those tiny 13" ultraportables that I bought for school.

Edited by That Guy

• Owner
6 hours ago, That Guy said:

Out of curiosity, what model of Asus is it?

Asus S510U 

Nothing is burnt or loose. I do remember the laptop being in suspend mode last that I used it but left it. Then the battery slowly drained and at the last moment I figured it came back on to shutdown completely. Didn't make it so the battery drain out as it did the voltage dropped and the current went up. Something in the power supply circuit failed. No charge light, no charge in the battery, no power to the motherboard. Two different power packs. nope. Fried... Still haven't replaced it yet.

One a personal note because of my vision going south I've not been able to work with my phone very much any more just can't read the small print any longer. So I do most of my work on the desktop PC. Nice large screen and keyboard. Even though I go a Samsung S10+ phone the screen is good sized just the print at times is really tough to see. 

• Owner

Not like I'll be able to go the corner computer shop and buy that one chip and solder it back in. Poor vision and shakey hands never happen. Why I got to have @Me78569 do my solder work for the high idle kits. I tried back then and made a huge mess of one switch and turned it into trash. I even gave Me78569 my solder gun I had. 

Few dollars to digikey will have a new one pretty quickly, just need the numbers off of it. My last order was like $15 for a small bag full of capacitors and 2 1w LED chips.

Me won't touch it? You would really need a hot air soldering gun. The iron will work in a pinch, but makes life hard.

My mother has started to go blue/grey color blind (one of the reasons she retired) and won't do any repair unless it is big components or house wiring. She had several pairs of magnifying spectacles.