• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rear window glass removal/install?

Pretty sure I’ve narrowed it down to the window seal leaking and thats how water is getting in the cab. On the back seat and window. But only when it rains hard. 
ive resealed the 3rd brake light and cab lights with silicone, new door seals, window seals, windshield seal, cab seals, and quad cab door seals. 
has anyone removed the window? I found a seal online but have no idea how to remove and replace. 

Edited by Towrigdually

Yes I do. Go rent a pressure washer and put it in the bed. Then drive until you have to slam on the and the pressure will knock them both into the front seat. Thats only time I had mine out.

All kidding aside, i dont know. I dont even remeber how I got them back in. Still cant believe it didn't  break either one of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, dripley said:

Yes I do. Go rent a pressure washer and put it in the bed. Then drive until you have to slam on the and the pressure will knock them both into the front seat. Thats only time I had mine out.

All kidding aside, i dont know. I dont even remeber how I got them back in. Still cant believe it didn't  break either one of them.

Atleast I know one way! And that’s what I’m trying to prevent, breaking it. The only glass I’ve ever dealt with was out of a 84 Chevy k20 so that’s all the experience I have in the glass department.

Took the rear window out of my 95. From the inside start at a top corner and work the seal down while putting slight outward pressure on glass. Work your way across the top and down sides and glass falls out back of cab. Can't help you putting it back in since i pulled it when i junked the wreck but the old rope trick may work.

On 5/22/2020 at 9:07 AM, Towrigdually said:

Pretty sure I’ve narrowed it down to the window seal leaking and thats how water is getting in the cab. On the back seat and window. But only when it rains hard. 
ive resealed the 3rd brake light and cab lights with silicone, new door seals, window seals, windshield seal, cab seals, and quad cab door seals. 
has anyone removed the window? I found a seal online but have no idea how to remove and replace. 

If this the '02 in your signature line the rear window does not have a gasket like earlier ones did.  It's glued in and usually gets broken when taken out by anyone but a glass shop.  And I understand that isn't even a guarantee although they at least have the knowledge/tools to do it correctly.

When I was hauling crushed cars Rick pulled a slider out of a '95 for me and that's when I discovered they were different.  Couldn't use that one and I even called my local glass shop about it.  They were the ones that said they even are not always successful getting glued ones out in one piece.  Finally got the slider when the '01 got totaled and I got the '02.  Was a step up in many ways although I was quite happy with the '01.  :woot::burnout: