• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

This was the easiest job I have ever done!Please look at the picture. I removed the relay cover and diagnosed how it works. The only thing happening is the power to the relay is turned on or off. So instead of making a jumper I just took my pointed nose pliars and squeezed the middle contact down to hold the relay in a on position, tested it. Put the cover back on the relay volla i'm done

post-10346-138698169349_thumb.jpg

Wow just came back from my first test drive with my high beams and fog lights at the same time.Super Great! living way out in the country it sure helps see the road in front and to the sides at night.Now it pisses me off that they had them turn off on high. I know it might save me from an accident now.So I hope the little mod I found to the relay helps someone

• 5 months later...

This was the easiest job I have ever done! Please look at the picture. I removed the relay cover and diagnosed how it works. The only thing happening is the power to the relay is turned on or off. So instead of making a jumper I just took my pointed nose pliars and squeezed the middle contact down to hold the relay in a on position, tested it. Put the cover back on the relay volla i'm done

Which one of the relays was this? According to the article from Geno's there are two relays marked 1 and 2. Thank you I would like to do this to mine as well.

My truck came with the "fog lights"... I used them for a while as DRL to cut the hours on my headlight lamps. The bulbs promptly burned out. I felt the "beam" was pretty much of a joke... I mean 5 feet in front of the truck! Really! No power, crappy optics, expensive bulbs. I don't use them anymore. I hear lots of guys complain about their headlights but really mine are decent.

We've talked before... the built in fog lights are slick but in my opinion they ought to be optically as good as real headlights (perhaps a different beam pattern). I'd love to see a kit to drop in some real lights. I'd not hesitate to run H1s again.

Back in the old days, I ran off road lights... Hella low beams & fogs & Carrello highs... all had H1 bulbs (all we had back then). I could light a mile and a quarter of straight flat road.

Posted Image