• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

If your still looking for a comp, there is a guy on CF selling one for $250. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-2nd-gen-all-products/311899-smarty-edge-comp-tdr-magazines.html

I'm actually not sure what I'm looking for. Can't decide so I'd like some ideas on what is good and what is not. Right now my truck is in the tranny shop:banghead: so i won't have money for this for a while but I'd like to know for when I'm ready.

Man if I was doing it all over again - I would have followed mikes original advice, and it also depends on what going on with your tranny - if your having a new one or built up etc ?? In order BHAF + outerwears - $80HP Valve Body ..... $100-300 depending if you do it or have one sent etcNew Single Disk TC - I went tripple - but probably overkill for 350HP - $600and a low end chip ..... like Puck, EZ :) $2004" exhaust (straight if you can) - $100- $400 depending and stopped there - about $1200 for a beefed up tranny and an extra 60-90 HP over stock good for all situations except racing and dumping heaps of fuel if you needed more ...... then get a built tranny and TC in one go - performanceinnovations or revmaxx - $3k + Edge Juice or Quadzilla ~ $400 second hand beyond either of those 2 scenarios and it gets expensive .... new turbo's, big injectors, head studs on TOP of everything else:thumbup2:

Man if I was doing it all over again - I would have followed mikes original advice, and it also depends on what going on with your tranny - if your having a new one or built up etc ?? In order BHAF + outerwears - $80 HP Valve Body ..... $100-300 depending if you do it or have one sent etc New Single Disk TC - I went tripple - but probably overkill for 350HP - $600 and a low end chip ..... like Puck, EZ :) $200 4" exhaust (straight if you can) - $100- $400 depending and stopped there - about $1200 for a beefed up tranny and an extra 60-90 HP over stock good for all situations except racing and dumping heaps of fuel if you needed more ...... then get a built tranny and TC in one go - performanceinnovations or revmaxx - $3k + Edge Juice or Quadzilla ~ $400 second hand beyond either of those 2 scenarios and it gets expensive .... new turbo's, big injectors, head studs on TOP of everything else:thumbup2:

Thanks for the advice. Just wondering what the torque rating of my truck would be? I'm getting my tranny rebuilt at a very reputable shop. He's doing upgrades for towing and said the torque converter he puts in is a twin disc and rated for 900 ftlbs.

ok =- here's where I get into trouble as I don't fully undersatnd this but will give it a shot until you get better adivce

horsepower = torque * rpm / 5252

http://dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/Facts/01ISBspecs.html

So at the moment you have a 230 HP truck (stock) give or take. Lets say with the baff and an +60HP chip you reach 300HP then at peak HP (2700rpm) you are basicaly

300=x*2700/5252

so torque would be around 583 ft lbs with a small chip ......... and upwards from there.

People say you lose 10%-15% of whatever you calculate in the driveline as well - makes sense to me.

Anyway - unless your going crazy - with a new built trans as well as an EZ or smary or XZT+ - that would be a nice truck for towing and a little mileage. If you go to a 120-150HP chip - then you really need to trust that transmission and start monitoring EGT's and tranny temps as you dump all that fuel. Again - beyond that (injectors/stacking) you will need new turbo and other stuff :)

I would start off with a secondhand or cheap EZ ..... check jkidd or forums ..........and some GAUGES - I forgot to mention that - more imporatant than all the others almost. Probably pick one up around $200. Try it out for a while .... see how it feels and what you think - worst case - pull it and sell it for $150 and then by a secondhand edge comp/juice for around $300-$400. Here you need to TAP your vp44 in order to get the fuel/power.

• Like 1