• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Multiple LP failures now hard starting when hot

21 hours ago, DoggyDiner said:

The FASS has an inline fuse and a relay before the wire to the fuse box and FASS fuel pump

I missed the part you have relay. I lost it in the translation somehow. What IBMobile says above is what you need to do. That will take it off of a key on hot that runs the pump constantly and put the ECM in charge. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Staff

Everyone explains it very well and has their LP wired like it's supposed to be for safety and easy fast starts. Only thing I can add is that the relay is controlled by the ECM, but the power comes directly from the Batteries. If you let the ECM (power) the LP, like the factory harness, you risk frying the ECM when you get a LP failure due to possible electrical overload. Relay allows power from the batteries, but the ECM can still control how much power, for lower starting pressure and when to give full connection for full fuel pressure or shut down when in an accident.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
59 minutes ago, DoggyDiner said:

OK,

so now i'm confused. should I not connect the wire I have run to the fuse in the cab to the yellow and white wire on the old LP pigtail?

1. Disconnect wire in cab from fuse in cab.
  2. Remove wire from cab.
  3. Attach wire, that you have removed from cab, to the yellow and white wire on the old LP pigtail.
  4. You're done; go have a drink.
  • Like 1

Thanks to all that replied to my post.  I was able to connect the wire from the cab to the yellow/white wire and Bob's your uncle, it worked.  Another issue with surging cropped up while test driving it.  Thanks to Mopar1973Man's article and video I was able to reset/calibrate the APPS which cured that issue.

• Like 1