• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Revs up on own

Truck revs up on its own only when under 1000 rpms. When at a stop sign or light it revs from about 800-850 but I think I’ve seen it spike as high as 1000. Code reader shows no codes but key trick shows apps voltage too high. Not sure if it’s the apps though because it’s a timbo and it’s worked great for a few months. And scanner shows throttle at 0% when it revs up. 

I’ll check. It usually fluctuates between 7-12% but I haven’t checked in a couple weeks. I noticed it didn’t do it on quick 15 min drive to the parts store about an hour ago. It first happened about a week ago, I revved it a few times to get the attention of a car in front of me that was stopped at a green light since my horn doesn’t work.  After I stopped it started revving up to 900 then 100 a few times. Then happened at every stop the next 20 min. After driving 4+ hours on the highway back to Tucson it was fine. Didn’t rev at anymore stops in town. It’s done it a few times since and every time it does it, seems to be after I tap the throttle a couple times while stopped.

• Owner
16 hours ago, ColoradoColt said:

Just checked load% at idle and it bounces between 3.5 and 5%.

Just checked again after driving 10 miles, now it’s  0.00-1.2.

Diesel Auto Power.

7 x 0.010 Injector popped at 320 bar. New idle was about 13 to 14%. Now its about 7 to 9% engine load without A/C. I'm coming to the end on my injectors too maybe another year and be washed out. These will barely make 3 years and 120k miles. 

• Sad 1