• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Bluetooth Stereo Kenwood

Here is the Receiver that I got from Crutchfield.  

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X8800BS/Pioneer-DEH-X8800BHS.html?tp=72310

I've always been partial to Pioneer.  This does Spotify, Pandora, Aux in and USB.  Also has BT for streaming audio from your phone and for phone calls.  It has a small remote mic that I have clipped to my driver's side sun visor.  I also got the wiring harness and mounting hardware all from Crutchfield.  When you go to Crutchfield and put in your vehicle it will show what receivers will fit your application and when you add the receiver to your cart it will automatically pop up with what you will need to add for the install.  One of the reasons that I like Crutchfield so much.

• Thanks 2

lol  Infinity (not bose  sorry)...   only one of my trucks had that.  the way to tell is if you have small speakers in the A-pillar like dripley said.

It uses some small powered  cross overs in the front speakers.  They can be unwired  and a normal system with a passive crossover can be used.  

If yours does not have that it is pretty straight forward.   The original unit is a 1.5 Din high.  That is why you end up with an adapter plate. (most replacement units are 1 Din high)

If you want look through the list and send me a message I can try to help explain the differences.

Pioneer is a great brand too.  Before I switched to Kenwood, Pioneer was my go to.  I changed mainly because at the time I changed, Kenwood had better internal amplification at the time.  (don't know if that is the case any longer... loud is not as important as it was...)

I like using the compare feature.  Notice the box to the right under the price.  put a check in the box for the ones you like.

At the bottom of the page you can select to compare, a new window will open comparing features.

As for the speakers....   6x9 in front doors.   5" or 6" rounds will work in the quad cab doors.  (the factory size was a bit wonky....  so you may have to make some new holes etc to make things work out. 

HTH

Hag

5 hours ago, Haggar said:

As for the speakers....   6x9 in front doors.   5" or 6" rounds will work in the quad cab doors.  (the factory size was a bit wonky....  so you may have to make some new holes etc to make things work out. 

HTH

Hag

OK thanks for all the help.  I cant tell what size speakers are, I just see slots in the inter door cover.  So this project is going on back burner for now, as I have to remove the door covers anyway when I put on some towing mirrors and replace right side window motor. 

Once again thanks for the help from everybody

your fronts are definitely 6x9.

the rears  always seem to fit funny for me.  but the selector is showing a lot of 6 1/2" compatable rounds. 

Use the "outfit my car option."  in most cases it is correct or says there might be a problem.

This link might work for you.  It was last setup for an '01 quad cab without bose system.   https://www.crutchfield.com/g_400/All-Car-Speakers.html?l=C&pg=2

hope that helps

Hag

• Thanks 1

I have had the worst experience like yours with a chinese car stereo in the past. I kept it for almost 2 months and I know how hard it was for me. It got reboot automatically, songs start shuffling, sometimes the display got stucked and a blue screen keep showing.

I asked my friend who was using Pioneer's head unit and he advised me to dig into this brand. I started looking for best reviews and head over to https://speakershunter.com/best-double-din-head-units/ for picking the right head unit. I have finalized Pioneer AVH-2300NEX and quite happy with that. It is compatible with Apple and CarPlay featuring Pioneer's advanced NEX technology.

For newbies: If you are really looking for a good stereo must check out Pioneer brand. It has lot to offer. The other brands like Boss, Kenwood works well too as I have checked them into many reviews.

Edited by Joseph Carroll
  • Like 2

• Owner

Little secret is look for the top 10 of the stereo type you want. Then filter out the double DIN stereos and then look at the single DINs left. I just did a search for top 10 Bluetooth stereos. After weeding out the others you left with small amount left. 

Also I was waiting for a pizza yesterday and the rock slide construction too. I figured out how to dial phone numbers. I can pan through my contact list, resent calls, or even manual dial using the radio knob. Then I've not had a good chance of trying the radio yet. Seems there is other digital stuff not sure. 

Bluetooth functions of the Kenwood tend to kick Quadzilla offline and cause a reconnect. Sometimes the radio drops the bluetooth and the cellphone is playing. Then touch the phone button and typically the radio rehooks up and start playing on the stereo and iQuad rehooks again. I'm going to work on the debugging and settings...