• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Bluetooth Stereo Kenwood

• Owner

Well that cheap China radio pissed me off enough that it found my knuckles in the middle of the display and killed it. First I only paid $29 bucks for that cheap radio. It did work good for a while. First problem is the FM tuner quit. Then I had my back up camera crushed. Then the finally straw is the software error and locked up so you can't turn it on or off. You have to have a paperclip to reboot the software. Pow! Light out and done I quit!

Dug around on Amazon and websites. I did a dig on the best 10 bluetooth stereos. Kenwood BT572-U is in the top ten. I wanted something that could control Pandora, Spotify, XM possibly. Found it. This radio is AM/FM as well. CD and MP3 player (disc). Then it has full bluetooth audio for both phone and music. The Pandora and Spotify are USB controlled. I've got a few software bugs yet setting up like Pandora for car launching.  Other than that I'm impressed. I did a test phone call from the garage to Eileen in the bedroom she said the audio is much cleaner less static and background noises. Kenwood stereo comes with a cab mount mic for phone calls. Instead of having a remote for the stereo you use your phone as the remote if needed. All controls can be adjust through your phone much easier. 

DSCF5086.JPG

There is no face plug like my previous stereos even my past Kenwood had USB and Audio IN in the front. This one has a USB plug in the back on a short cord about a foot long. This is the port I used for my phone in its craddle. Now that leaves an extra port now in the Quick Charger 3.0 in the dash. This Kenwood can handle 2 phones on bluetooth allowing a second person to play music as well. All you phone contact are diplayed on the stereo and are searchable for phone calls. Either resent calls or the full contact list. The other neat part is the CD slot is fully covered so dust isn't a huge issue like my previous Kenwood which I had to clean the eject roller often. 

• Like 2

• Owner
1 hour ago, 015point9 said:

Are you still using stock speakers?

Yes for now... Will upgrade soon... I've got a Amp in the shop I might just consider stuffing in.

1 hour ago, 015point9 said:

If my wife ever gets in traveling shape again and you finish your camp ground spot?? ...put one in for me?

Sure. Actually I'm horsetrading right now for the dirt work and getting the water and power brought out to the spot. 

• Owner
1 hour ago, Doubletrouble said:

Is this camp spot open for anyone, reservations? Lol

Well first it would be good if I got it finish first. If you really want to come out you got the spot under the tree there is 15A 120V power. 

1 hour ago, Doubletrouble said:

Sounds like a great stereo. Looks at home in the dash as well. Nice find!

Not bad, fair price. Just seems after that China radio which was feature rich for just a mere $29. Just the quality was really quite poor. Then hunt for a quality radio was on. Boss was one high on the list but mostly for the dual DIN stereo with a video screen. I kept filtering down the single DIN stereos looking. Needing to keep the hands free feature for phone use was important. Being a whole new line of stereos came out with Pandora and Spotify controls was more what I was after. Both are free music sources and work very well on my phone as well at home with my computer and Smart TV. I'll say this much don't try to set up the stereo with the face controls the menus are just too many. The Kenwood Remote App all you to connect to the stereo and configure light colors, speaker options etc on a touch screen of your phone is much easier. 

• Staff

I've never used spotify, used pandora a little. Mainly on my phone when I cut grass with a bluetooth headset. Swapped it out for prime music since I became a member.

I saw one when I was looking around that had a retractable touch screen. Made it as big as a double din but fit in a single din slot. Screen came out and flipped up. Kinda neat.

As far as the camp site, I was just messin with ya. Maybe someday. Be kinda weird a stranger from the internet showing up in the driveway wouldn't it? I wouldn't impose like that at least until I knew you a bit better. Lol

• Owner
1 minute ago, Doubletrouble said:

As far as the camp site, I was just messin with ya. Maybe someday. Be kinda weird a stranger from the internet showing up in the driveway wouldn't it?

Nope not at all. A customer coming to get work done and camp out. Not unheard of. I just had @JAG1 and @IBMobile here last time. 

@IBMobile on the left and @JAG1 on the right.

20200512_200424.jpg

Just fixing my power window for me.

20200512_195658.jpg

3 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

I've never used spotify, used pandora a little. Mainly on my phone when I cut grass with a bluetooth headset. Swapped it out for prime music since I became a member.

I saw one when I was looking around that had a retractable touch screen. Made it as big as a double din but fit in a single din slot. Screen came out and flipped up. Kinda neat.

With me there is limited cell signal but heading toward bigger cities no problem. Nice ot have a streaming music and different music now and then. My MP3 pile is huge (37.6 GB) and well played. 

• Owner
3 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Hmmm, road trip when I get a set of gauges? Lol

1 minute ago, Threadzy said:

One of these years you’ll have to have a Moparman meetup. Stereo looks good btw. 

I've considered traveling to helping other members. Just not sure how to go about this and keep it profitable. I've actually had members willing to pay plane tickets for me to come out and fix their trucks. At the time I couldn't being @MoparMom (RIP) was my biggest concern now I'm a free agent and willing to help people with their trucks.

I only use kenwood now.  The price/longevity are great.  I have a couple kenwoods that are more than 15years old.  The only reason I can see to need to change them, some of them were built before bluetooth, usb etc.  My boys get flustered that they can't plug in their phone in and have to listen to the radio or CD's. (luckily, their taste in music is similar to mine so they just complain that there are only 20 songs or so on the disc.... lol)

HTH
Hag

I use crutchfield.  They always send the faceplate and wiring harness for easy installation. 

Here is the page for the kenwoods.  (wow a lot are out of stock)    Start the website over and select your vehicle.  I don't know if you have the upgraded stereo (with Bose speakers.)  If you do I can help you figure it out.

look at each of these and the different features.  (the main differences are going to be android or apple and whether you want a CD player and  such.

https://www.crutchfield.com/g_462150/Bluetooth-Car-Stereos.html?tp=72310#&avf=Y&nvpair=FFBrand|Kenwood

I hope that helps!

Hag

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Haggar said:

I don't know if you have the upgraded stereo (with Bose speakers.)  If you do I can help you figure it out.

I hope that helps!

Hag

Well apparently I need help figuring it out. Should I see the word Bose without removing the inside door cover? I only see the slots that the speakers are behind, nothing written on them.

The service manual says on page 12,  “The Equipment Identification Plate (fig 6) is located at the left, front of the inner hood panel.  The plate lists information concerning the vehicle as follows…(on the listed items is) The optional and special equipment installed on the vehicle.   I look where I think that area is.  Starting at the hydro boost area and up to driver side battery.  I don’t see anything.   So the “inner hood panel” is exactly where?

But I do have an “Equipment Identification Plate” on the inside of glove box.  Nothing listed as radio or sound system.

Then I thought OK,  I’ll check out by vin number.  Nothing is listed by vin number about sound system that I see.

So then onto section 8a in service manual.  Where in description says…”Several combinations of radio receivers and speaker systems are offered  as optional equipment on this model”.   Then I break down and call my kid who used to be a Dodge mechanic for a short time.  He remembers Bose being a big thing back then and says Bose stamped on radio or speakers, he's not sure.  I don’t see it on mine.

What I have is am/fm/cassette/ cd player, can control with buttons on steering wheel and little tiny speaker or something in the “A” and “B” pillar.

20200825_131923.jpg

Edited by 015point9
Add info