• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Any thoughts on chasing down ac leaks. I haven't had very good luck with dye. Are the cheap sniffers any good. I was thinking about a kit with plugs and adaptors that can isolate components and pressurize them kind of expensive though. I changed the evaporator about 10 years ago I hope that's not the problem again. 

• Owner

Another spot that is common for leaks but shows no signs of leak is the compressor shaft seal will leak but the pullet will sling off any oil or dye so its tough to diagnose that one too.

Bad o-rings or too small of o-rings can leak too and sometimes not show dye either. If you do change o-ring make sure to have a bottle of PAG oil and lube the o-ring before snapping connections back together again. I've seen replacement parts like condensers and evaporators with the wrong sized o-rings too. 

Do you have enough oil in the system? Lack of oil sometimes can dry o-rings out a bit and allow them to leak the freon out without much dye because of lack of oil to push the dye around. 

GW,

If you have a nitrogen bottle, pressurize the system with nitrogen, and use bubbles.   The High side pressure switch does not open until 450psi.  So if you pressurize in the upper 300 to low 400 you can find small leaks with good bubbles.

This will get you everything you can see.  if you are still leaking, it has to be the evaporator.  Since you will have pressure and not having to run the truck, you may hear the leak. 

GL!

Hag