• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Two stroke oil comparison

• Owner

All I can say after 85k miles of WalMart SuperTech my stock injectors were clean!

injector-80k.jpg

Even at 350k miles my head is clean no carbon or ash build up.

DSCF4442.JPG

Even after 350k miles the pistons are clean too.

DSCF4444.JPG

Now let me grab some photos when I pull @Jthor injectors from his 7.3L Ford and we will see possible ash build up and carbon build up.

• Like 1

• Staff

:popcorn: gonna be waiting to see this.  I'm curious to see the difference. I to use the stuff fr Wally Mart. It's the cheapest I could find with the tc3 rating so I get a gallon when ever I'm running low. If I could catch it on sale I'd buy a few.

I do notice a slight difference in sound compared to before I started using it. Seems to be slightly quieter and smoother. Maybe it's just me thinking that. I know I do feel better knowing the vp44 is getting some lubrication.

• Owner

In our case the higher flash point is a good thing. Being the oil isn't used for the piston lubrication most of the video doesn't mean much. Being the purpose for use is to lube a injection pump and injectors BEFORE the fuel is even spray or burned in the cylinder. WAY different outlook being the parts of the piston are all lubed with engine oil. As for the 2 cycle oil in the pumps and injectors see much lower temperatures. Like for example my fuel temp is typically well below 140°F so its still oil and still lubing in the injection pump. Also take note we use much less oil since diesel is a oil in itself.

• 1989 to 2002 Dodge Ram suggest is 128:1 ratio (one ounce to one gallon of fuel)
  • 2003 and up Dodge / Ram suggested is 200:1 ratio(just about 1/2 ounce to 1 gallon of fuel)

Way different being we are not mixing at 50:1 or 40:1 like gasoline.

I look at it this way today's diesel (petroleum) is typically 520 HFRR scored. Bosch requires <460 HFRR to meet Bosch's lubricity requirements. 

bosch-testing.jpg.c546b5191f19f69cc5e042

I've been using bio for a while now since that's all I can get around here for the most part and I haven't added any two stroke to it. There was a chart somewhere saying that if you use 5% bio then it lubricates way better than any other additive. Our pumps labeled 5 to 20% bio, so I don't see a reason adding anything when using bio blend. I noticed I'm getting a bit less MPG using it but the price offsets that just fine, 30/40 cents cheaper than regular.

I run when ever I find it. Have been for the past 7 years or so. I do notice a slight drop in mileage when its up to 20%. Nothing noticable at 5%. The bad is up to 5% does not have to be labeled ad such. Anything over has to be labeled. I just dont see many labels around my neck of the woods ant more. When in doubt l just add the 2 stroke. Never had a problem with cold weather but the 20's is pretty cold around here. 

3 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

How does the bio behave in the cold winter temps? Just curious, I haven't seen it for sale around here yet but if I do I'd like to try it.

Not great from what I've seen. They claim to put additives in there to 20 below, but I've put some in the glass jar and set it outside overnight, in the morning it looked like slurpee at -10. 

• Staff
35 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I'd love to but it seems to be everywhere here, hard to find regular anymore. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough idk.

You.re in Iowa, soo. isn't that where they grow the corn to make Bio fuel? 

I can't find bio here in So-Cal there for two stroke with every fill up.

45 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

They make the bio from all kinds of feed stocks. I wonder what they made @Dieselfutureout of?

22 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

I haven't seen anything labeled bio here as of yet. I tend to use the same station to get my fuel. I'll just keep adding the 2cycle like I have been. If it gets cold enough I have some 911 both white and red bottles.

They dont have label unless its above 5%. Below requires no label. I wish they would label it. My truck and l like it. Though 5% is the best. IMHO.

Edited by dripley

1 hour ago, IBMobile said:

Yeah it says cleaner air for Iowa on pumps, Wonder how much polution it takes to make it just like the 0 immission electric vehicles, someone somewhere had to polute to make em, just lithium batteries alone can't be that healthy.

30 minutes ago, dripley said:

They make the bio from all kinds of feed stocks. I wonder what they made @Dieselfutureout of?

Hopes and dreams

6 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

I found out the other day that the license plates for electric cars in ohio are double what a gasser costs. Kinda messed up, you drive a toy car to save the environment and they nail you for the registration.

They should be, They dont pay any highway use taxes on their fuel. Alot of the fuel is free out this way too. Little free kiosks all over. Happy I dont have wait for one though. Their fuel taxes will come one day.

• Staff
1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Yeah it says cleaner air for Iowa on pumps, Wonder how much polution it takes to make it just like the 0 immission electric vehicles, someone somewhere had to polute to make em, just lithium batteries alone can't be that healthy.

Ya, but it makes the owner feel good and gives them a sense of entitlement knowing how much they're saving the environment by driving one.

52 minutes ago, dripley said:

Their fuel taxes will come one day.

They can pay by the mile.  I think that's coming to California for every one.  The government won't take a pay cut.