• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Danger..... 7 pin Connectors

• Staff

I found two china made off brand 7 pin female connectors won't hold the cord, readily falls out creating the dangerous chance of being rear ended. One is sold at Oreilly's Auto Parts and the other was sold at a local farm store near me. Beware of any brand not well known....... as I tested these two China made brands, I found the cord would fall out after simulating two bumps in the road, just two wiggles up and down and the lock lets go letting the cord fall out. They can kill you my friends.

I finally went into Portland, which earlier I tried to avoid because of the many recent shootings, to a very good quality trailer supply and found both Bargman and Pollack to be good female connectors. The Pollack is the very best and locked the best.

Just a heads up to all my friends on this Forum.

• Thanks 1

• Staff
4 hours ago, dripley said:

I have one made Hopkins that has been fine for me. No idea where its made. It dropped my cord. Dont even remeber where i bought it.

It dropped your cord and it's been fine for you?? :think: I do not understand Dave

I've never dropped my cord. Well except that one time when I pulled away and forgot to unplug it :duh:. That's one step better than Dad did when he was still here. Pulled out from under the gooseneck with the tailgate UP :duh::duh:. Maybe that's why they make the tailgate 6" thick on these new ones? At least none of us did like Grandpa and drove away with the gas nozzle still in the Lincoln Town Car :duh::duh::duh:.

• Haha 1

• Staff

I tried to tow my camper off the jacks with the cord. I cracked the the 7 pin female connector, but  there was enough left to get me home with lites, about 700 miles.

That Pollack connector is a real good one BTW. under the cap is a rubber gasket to seal off when closed everything built better than the two others I bought.

2 hours ago, dave110 said:

I've never dropped my cord. Well except that one time when I pulled away and forgot to unplug it :duh:. That's one step better than Dad did when he was still here. Pulled out from under the gooseneck with the tailgate UP :duh::duh:. Maybe that's why they make the tailgate 6" thick on these new ones? At least none of us did like Grandpa and drove away with the gas nozzle still in the Lincoln Town Car :duh::duh::duh:.

Did gas go everywhere when nozzle broke off?

10 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I tried to tow my camper off the jacks with the cord. I cracked the the 7 pin female connector, but  there was enough left to get me home with lites, about 700 miles.

That Pollack connector is a real good one BTW. under the cap is a rubber gasket to seal off when closed everything built better than the two others I bought.

Did gas go everywhere when nozzle broke off?

I wasn't there but apparently it shut off when it hit the ground. Worst part was the gas station was owned by his son in law.

• Sad 1

• Staff
4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

If you trailer socket has the door on it and the spring is work it should hold the plug locked in. Like mine I' lost the door when Russ push it in the shop. So now I've got to use a bungee cord and hook the hitch frame to keep it plugged in. 

Take the cord and wiggle it up and down. Like I said the lock works its way off and the cord falls out. One brand takes one time going up and down motion and the other bootleg brand takes three up and down motions, just like road bumps, and falls out. Like said before I tried this on brand new female connectors that I purchased.

7 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Take the cord and wiggle it up and down. Like I said the lock works its way off and the cord falls out. One brand takes one time going up and down motion and the other bootleg brand takes three up and down motions, just like road bumps, and falls out. Like said before I tried this on brand new female connectors that I purchased.

Are you saying the male plug comes out of the female plug or the cord itself works itself out on the male plug?

• Staff
1 hour ago, dave110 said:

Are you saying the male plug comes out of the female plug or the cord itself works itself out on the male plug?

Yes the male plug falls out of the female plug. I recommend you guys test it by wiggling up and down, if the lock walks its way off of the stop by the cap going up you got a bad one. The pollack  has a solid secondary pugged in effect by holding tighter and the bootleggers kinda stop too soon like not really plugged in even tho the retainers are locked together.