• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Base model dome light

• Staff

Anyone know how to remove the dome light lens on a base model dome light? I wanted to take it off to clean it. It's a little dingy and thought I would get more light that way. Probably change the bulb to an LED eventually. Or for the sake of conversation, would an over head console bolt in if I would find a decent one at a salvage yard? Just curious. 

Both of mine came apart several years ago. I pulled the whole console down and glued the halves of the switches together with some gray silicone. But mine very recently quit working. Those many years back you could get the whole wiring harness and switches for about 30 bucks. Think I will go that route for mine soon and stick some LED's in there.

11 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

I was curious. I believe the previous owner may have smoked with the windows up. It's pretty yellowed. Like nicotine stains. I'd like to clean that and maybe get a brighter LED bulb for it. With only one light in the base model it's not very bright in there at night.

i am my PO and have smoked in my truck with the windows up and down for 20 years. I had to replace the sun glasses holder and few back. Bought the part and took it home. Went to install it and bam I have wrong color. The more I thought about it I got cleaner of some sort and sure enough I had the right color. Cleaned up very easy though. Guess the sun cant bake it on if it cant shine on it.