• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

In trying to get my truck setup so it doesn’t smoke like a train, I finally pulled the plug and made an order at DAP and got a Quadzilla.  When I bought my truck, the PO had installed an XDP HO Extreme injection pump.  My understanding is it’s equivalent to the hot rod VP.  
Anyways, How should I setup the Quadzilla?  More truck info below.

1999 Ram 2500

5 speed NV4500

HO extreme injection pump

100 HP injectors, supposedly

BD Diesel Super B Killer turbo.  61/76/14

3.55 gears

315/75r16 tires

i also got 150hp injectors set at 320 bar I haven’t installed yet.  I assume I’d have to change the timing afterwards. 
I know I need a gear change also.

• Owner

First problem final ratio is too low (3.25:1 to the ground). You need to consider change gear to 3.73 or bring down the tire size. (Optimal to the ground is 3.55 to 3.73). Even with 3.73 gears you'll be close but 3.41 to the ground. 4.10 gears will give you more room at 3.75:1 to the ground you could go up another. 

Current my 2002 Dodge is set up with 3.55 gears and 245/75 R16 tires giving me 3.69:1 for final gearing. This is totally optimal and very quick to accelerate.

Timing start at 13* and ramp up +5* for each band. 

3 hours ago, weissguy01 said:

In trying to get my truck setup so it doesn’t smoke like a train, I finally pulled the plug and made an order at DAP and got a Quadzilla.  When I bought my truck, the PO had installed an XDP HO Extreme injection pump.  My understanding is it’s equivalent to the hot rod VP.  
Anyways, How should I setup the Quadzilla?  More truck info below.

1999 Ram 2500

5 speed NV4500

HO extreme injection pump

100 HP injectors, supposedly

BD Diesel Super B Killer turbo.  61/76/14

3.55 gears

315/75r16 tires

i also got 150hp injectors set at 320 bar I haven’t installed yet.  I assume I’d have to change the timing afterwards. 
I know I need a gear change also.

I have the same gears and tyres and stock injectors that are done /worn out   and auto and quad, I tow a box trailer workshop most of the time and truck/trailer total is maybe 10k to 13k lb depending on what fluids I'm carrying

For our speed limits here in the UK it is perfect, flat highway around 1400rpm at 55 ish  no smoke and EGT's less than 900 in od locked, once I see much over 900 I drop it out of od 

I use a tune I found on here for towing and haven't messed with it, I will say one thing though.... I do not drive fast as every tool I own is in the trailer plus some

And for anyone thinking 1400rpm at 55 is lugging it don't forget I pay £1.29 PLUS per litre, truck pulls like a freight train

Just put smaller tires on, you can get a used set of rims and tires just to see what happens that's what I did to determine I liked smaller tires for all around. Then I sold them for same price and got the tires I got now, sold the bigger tires I had ho almost half of what I paid 5 years before, win win for me. I hardly ever go in deep anything so 265 are perfect for what I'm doing, mostly steer use.