• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

NOTICED SPLITTING ON HEAD GASKET EXPOSED AREAS PASS SIDE WHEN REPLACING MANIFOLD

INSTALLED SOME MANIFOLD STUDS AND AN ATS ONE PIECE EXHAUST MANIFOLD YESTERDAY ON MY 01 RAM AND NOTICED THAT THE NOTCHED AREAS OF THE HEAD WHERE YOU CAN TOUCH THE HEAD GASKET LOOK LIKE THEY ARE SEPARATING. I COULD NOT IDENTIFY A LEAK BUT I WAS CURIOUS IF THAT WAS TYPICAL AT 167K MILES? TRUCK HAS HEAD STUDS ALREADY AND I SEE NO SIGNS OF FUNCTIONAL GASKET FAILURE WITH OIL OR WATER LEAKS AT THE MOMENT.

THANKS

I am no engine expert by any means but the failure I experienced and many others here all failed from the inside out and not outside in.  I cant say I have ever noticed the head gasket out of mine but never paid that much attention.