• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have a 02 2500 4x4 auto with edge drag box, about 2 month ago or so ( I dont drive my truck much in the summer ) it threw a p0236 and p0237 I reset the codes and waited to see if they woudl come back but they didn't the odd thing is that the truck still acts the same at about 37mph and up till 43mph I get very very bad hesitation if I am not on the skinny pedal hard it almost feels like it wont shift into OD but its not really a trans problem ( thats what I think ) the edge off or unplugged same issue happens should I just buy a boost pressure sensor and change it or can it be cleaned re installed ? if thats the problem at all and I have p1693 code when cycling the key three times thanks for the help

• Owner

Ok...

Few questions back at you?

Q: What Version of Edge do you have Comp, EZ, Juice?

Q: What did you unhook when you tested without the Edge?

Cleaning rarely resolves a issue with a MAP sensor.

Now as for the P1693 code that bothers me because you can't have a P1693 without another code present. Are you seeing 2 P-Done's???

Edge comp disconnect the box only or turning it off I see p done twice ? is that mean its both done ? Like the idea of an edge ground I will look into that tomorrow today I made sure to watch where exactly its happening and here it is at 1200rpm and 40mph it can hesitate all the way the rpm would flicker up 100rpm and back down and so forth like a dead loop once I hit the throttle a little over 1400rpm its gone

• Owner

Edge comp disconnect the box only or turning it off I see p done twice ? is that mean its both done ? Like the idea of an edge ground I will look into that tomorrow today I made sure to watch where exactly its happening and here it is at 1200rpm and 40mph it can hesitate all the way the rpm would flicker up 100rpm and back down and so forth like a dead loop once I hit the throttle a little over 1400rpm its gone

Edge has to be phyiscally disconnected to be tested. Because even off the Edge will boost fool. Be aware your boost elbow is present in the turbo too... Yes there is 2 computers dumping codes... P-PCU -------- Pxxxx -------- P Done -------- P ECU -------- Pxxxx -------- P Done Is what it should display...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XQJmaIF9Do

• Owner

I did disconnect the edge box, I Will go get the p codes again now and make sure it goes through two of them like the video I dont get the part : beware your boost elbow present in the turbo ? the actuator arm ?

If you disconnect the Edge there is no boost fooling so if you do any WOT operations it might go over 20 PSI boost because of the boost elbow and trip a P0234 (boost pressure too high). At this point the engine will defuel heavy and the CEL light might come on. But what I'm trying to find out that is the MAP sensor actually failed or is the Edge module screwed up and feeding bad information to the ECM which is very possible so if you disconnect the Edge module completely and the problem goes away then the Edge module is to blame and the MAP sensor is fine. But if the error codes return then MAP sensor is damaged and needs replacing...

I am not working to day I have time to screw around with the truck a little will go for a test drive again with the edge disconnected and see how it goes then maybe I take the map out and clean it ? carb clean or electric cleaner ? I read on dodge diesel someone had the plug loose thats all ? I hope thats all

• Owner

I am not working to day I have time to screw around with the truck a little will go for a test drive again with the edge disconnected and see how it goes then maybe I take the map out and clean it ? carb clean or electric cleaner ? I read on dodge diesel someone had the plug loose thats all ? I hope thats all

Cleaning a MAP sensor that failed rarely ever fixes the problem... If there is a code present most times it requires replacement... But what I'm digging for is to find out is it the MAP sensor or is it the Edge Module...

Ok I disconnected the box and by time I reached 30mph the mil came on and it got so sluggish slow acceleration if any got back to the house and did the cycled the key 3 times got P0236 and 237 which is boost level high and low My guess I need a sensor which I was trying to avoid getting they sell it with a new harness since they changed the plug now I worry if I do that I will need a new harness for the edge and for my high idle fooler box :( unless I had in the wires when I get the new sensor and wire it up to the old plug :cry:edit : I own a pocket scanner so I erased the codes and plugged the edge and drove back does the same thing at 40 but pulls and smokes if I want it to do so

If you disconnect the Edge there is no boost fooling so if you do any WOT operations it might go over 20 PSI boost because of the boost elbow and trip a P0234 (boost pressure too high). At this point the engine will defuel heavy and the CEL light might come on.

yes...my mostly stock 99 has a boost elbow and i get P0234 ALL THE TIME. no Check Engine Light, but the code is there. it has no pep, or uhhff while the code is present. i can clear it with my scanner, and it drives like a top until i give it to much throttle and trip the code(it doesn't even take 3/4 pedal). since my scanner requires a laptop. i didn't even realize how fast the thing comes back! how much $ is the MAP sensor?

No that pic is about 3 years old... :lol:

I was having a issue with my Edge Comp and lack of power come to find out the $140 I spent on both the wiring adapter and the sensor it was a Edge Comp bug... :banghead:

tsk tsk Mopar man didnt diagnose his own truck right ? I sent mine in two years ago to be reflashed they said it was wacked out

I could not hit over 20psi now 30psi is a foot step away :lol:

--- Update to the previous post...

Dam the dealer wants $247 for sensor and adaptor :stuned:

Just a question.When you disconnected the edge did you unplug the signal wires? I think mine (01) has 3 wires that comes out of the factory dodge harness.So there should be 3 places to remove:On the injection pump,boost/map,and signal.Thats what i have to do to completly remove the edge.Is your 02 the same? Now i dont know how much of a difference it would make if you diddnt unplug the signal wires....just trying to help.