• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Credit Card Smoking

jlwelding

Sent DAP 2600.00 in love in a day. Ive been taking this stock new to me truck and just getting it all over with at one time. Man it just keeps adding up, soon I will be able to get in it and go coast to coast free of worries of break downs. It's fun to to see it come along too, the guy that had it put new tires, and interior, dash, new stereo that I'll never listen to unless its am talk show. :lol:

Just getting it bullet proof right now, IP is going out, needs Airdog 150, all the gauges, bhaf, wheel bearing all changed and seals, drained all fluids, new batts. I think I put rv275 and edge ez for now. I haul my own farm equipment these days, mostly custom hay baling. I hung up the welding, 20 years was enough.

• Owner

Do yourself the favor and opt for +50 HP injectors over the Bosch RV275's. At least you can get a custom built injector set that is flow matched and within a small margin for tolerance. Just really sucks to dump in more money for Bosch stock injectors that are 6 random injectors. Like another member here just got a bad batch of RV275's that popped at 220 to 260 bar. I would also suggest the Quadzilla over the Edge EZ. Way better control of timing and fuel parameters over the EZ that is just a dumb box tuner that can't really be adjusted to meet your needs of good economy and/or performance. 

Hua... Well I've been doing more mobile work lately running all over the local area handling broke down vehicles or trucks that didn't start. I'd love to hang that up and do more the web work than travel work being its barely 16*F right now and going down to near zero tonight. Sucks to start your morning fighting the ice and cold. Ugh...

• Staff

To add to @Mopar1973Man suggestions, the quad adrenaline also has gauges built into it. I like the idea of having gauges on the A pilar myself. Quick glance and you see whats up and right near your line of sight. Plus they do look cool. For what your doing though you could have saved a few $$. Just my $.02

• Thanks 1

• Owner

I prefer the A-pillar with ISSPro EV2 gauges because the EV2 are USB programmable and you can set the warning light to any values you want.  Adjust needle movement being more accurate or more averaged and smooth. Quadzilla display I only look at it for tuning purposes so typically I don't have the display running. But the ISSPro gauge warning light make it super nice because you can tell what is wrong but level on the a-pillar. I though of adding a tweak and getting the relay option for the gauges and I could tap the cluster possibly and hook them in so when the warning lights popped it would set the :gages: light and chime the central timer. Now that would be super cool.

11375_500x500.jpg  1235_3837_popup.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 8:40 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Do yourself the favor and opt for +50 HP injectors over the Bosch RV275's. At least you can get a custom built injector set that is flow matched and within a small margin for tolerance. Just really sucks to dump in more money for Bosch stock injectors that are 6 random injectors. Like another member here just got a bad batch of RV275's that popped at 220 to 260 bar. I would also suggest the Quadzilla over the Edge EZ. Way better control of timing and fuel parameters over the EZ that is just a dumb box tuner that can't really be adjusted to meet your needs of good economy and/or performance. 

Hua... Well I've been doing more mobile work lately running all over the local area handling broke down vehicles or trucks that didn't start. I'd love to hang that up and do more the web work than travel work being its barely 16*F right now and going down to near zero tonight. Sucks to start your morning fighting the ice and cold. Ugh...

Is this the Quadzilla you were speaking of? Also I read something about having it tuned before they shipped it? I guess discuss that with them?
www.dieselautopower.com/quadzilla-power-1998-5-2000-dodge-5-9l-cummins-xzt        Well that didnt work

Edited by jlwelding

• Owner
18 minutes ago, jlwelding said:

Is this the Quadzilla you were speaking of?

Yes it is...

19 minutes ago, jlwelding said:

Also I read something about having it tuned before they shipped it?

Don't bother. It won't do you any good being its not something you just set and forget. It takes time and studying and logging to get a tune built and correct. Something that took me years to prefect on even my own truck. 

20 minutes ago, jlwelding said:

www.dieselautopower.com/quadzilla-power-1998-5-2000-dodge-5-9l-cummins-xzt        Well that didnt work

XZT is not a good solution. Being that has to be programmed before it leaves Quadzilla. Quadzilla Adrenaline you can do all the tune work on your mobile device. Again this takes time and studying to get a absolute optimal tune. I've got a few tricks that I've tried on a few members trucks and works out really good. 

Cool as it gets cruising the highway for EGT's. 

Screenshot_20211124-164323_iQuad.jpg

@Mopar1973Man, what is your boost at in regards to the screenshot? I'm asking because I think I made my own version of your zero boost tune.. Wondering how much of that if any went into your current tune(s).

@jlwelding, just placed my order today with DAP for parts to roughly the same amount as you lol.. so yeah, my card is smoking today too..